SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings, with over 12 million companies continuously rated, operating in 64 countries. Founded in 2013 by security & risk experts Dr. Alex Yampolskiy & Sam Kassoumeh & funded by world-class investors, SecurityScorecards patented rating technology is used by over 25,000 organizations for self-monitoring, third-party risk management, board reporting, & cyber insurance underwriting; making all organizations more resilient by allowing them to easily find & fix cybersecurity risks across their digital footprint.
Headquartered in New York City, our culture has been recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace, by Crains NY as a "Best Places to Work in NYC," & as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in New York for two years in a row. Most recently, SecurityScorecard was named to Fast Companys annual list of the Worlds Most Innovative Companies for 2023 & to the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in 2023 award recognizing forward-thinking employers for their unwavering commitment to employee engagement. SecurityScorecard is proud to be funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moodys, Sequoia Capital, GV & Riverwood Capital.
About the Role:
The Head of Data Science is a leadership role responsible for developing & the ongoing operation of the company's tools, technologies, & technical solutions leveraging data science, advanced analytics, machine learning, generative AI, & other algorithms. In addition, the VP of Data Science is responsible for the ongoing strategic advancement of the company's data science capabilities.
As the VP of Data Science, you will be responsible for defining the roadmap for your team & partnering with Product & Engineering to materialize those initiatives.
- Partner with senior business, product, & engineering leaders to develop strategic goals & direction needed to continuously enhance the company's technology platforms
- Be a technical leader for the data science team, helping institute best engineering practices (coding standards, automated testing, scalability) & grow the technical capabilities of the team
- Ensure data best practices & play a critical role in building a data-driven culture throughout the entire organization
- Partner with senior business, product, & engineering leaders to develop strategic goals
- Partner with the technology leadership team to create a long-term vision & develop a roadmap of data science projects
- Conceive, develop, implement, & continually improve machine learning projects
- Leverage skills, experience, & creativity to apply data science to tackle interesting & challenging problems
- Develop new capabilities to deliver business solutions by applying data science algorithms
- Build & lead a high-performing team of data scientists, helping to enhance their skills while creating a fun & engaging culture that helps them prosper
- Foster career growth & provide thoughtful mentorship to develop employees at varying levels of experience. Establish a clear vision & mission for the data science department
- Work with cross-functional partners & executives in product, engineering, operations, finance, & marketing to define & achieve business goals & to build data-informed business strategies & roadmaps
- Determine leveraging data science, machine learning, & other analytical techniques to improve product features & capabilities. Provide leadership on how to leverage data & data expertise to improve the customer experience
- Develop analytical frameworks, models, roadmaps, & metrics for the team & broader organization
- Serve as a champion for data science & informed decision-making at all levels of the company. Make analytical techniques approachable & understandable to non-data scientists
- Lead the end-to-end planning & execution of all data analytics & sciences initiatives
- 10+ years of advanced analytics or data science experience
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, or any other related quantitative field
- 5+ years of management experience in leading data science teams with a successful track record in building teams, defining goals & overseeing execution
- Proven track record of solving ambiguous & complex data problems at scale, strong quantitative modeling skills inclusive of machine learning
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills. You are equally comfortable presenting to executives & peers as you are writing complex SQL queries
- Business Acumen Proven ability to apply data science capabilities to solve practical business problems
- Product Sense - Understanding of a product planning process, ability to influence product strategies & roadmaps, strong collaboration skills
- Expert level knowledge in predictive analytics, machine learning, & data mining
- Proficiency in Python, Spark, Notebooks, AWS, Generative AI models, etc.
- Data & ML Architecture Experienced integrating data science applications into software products. Understands ML Ops (deployment/scalable infrastructure)
- Has worked with data at scale & velocity
- Mentor+Coach A player-coach who can roll up sleeves, solve problems as a team, & facilitate the teams success
- Proven ability to attract, hire, develop, & retain exceptional talent
- A dynamic, forward-thinking leader who will bring intensity & commitment to the business. A bias toward action, experimentation, & velocity
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, Health benefits, & unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, & much more!
If you are a resident of Colorado, New York City, California, or Washington State, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive compensation information for this role.
SecurityScorecard is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity & embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring & retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, & perspectives. We make hiring decisions based on merit & do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including pregnancy) gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, disability status or any other protected category in accordance with applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with applicable law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact email@example.com.
SecurityScorecard does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.