This role will manage driving sales & product acquisition by managing the companys B2B Ready to Wear new business acquisition & existing client base. For this role youll be focused on self sourcing new leads & converting referrals from internal partners. Youll be motivated by a desire to win with a strong sense of personal responsibility & a roll up your sleeves mentality to push tasks to completion.
Your ability to strategize with businesses will be crucial to your success in getting the best product for our platform & expanding the volume & quality of consignments. You will be responsible for developing marketing strategies to continually increase consignment with The RealReal. This role will provide unparalleled service for the countrys largest online luxury consignment marketplace.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Drives business by prospecting existing connections & developing points of aggregation with new vendor consignor businesses. These contacts include but are not limited to: Luxury brands, boutique owners, wholesalers, re-sellers, manufacturers, jobbers, & business consignors
- Achieves the quarterly consignment goal for your market through self-generated & corporate leads
- Develops & implements marketing strategies to continually increase consignment with The RealReal
- Meets with consignors in their businesses to set price expectations & procure their luxury merchandise
- Utilizes your knowledge of luxury merchandise to carefully review & process all items for shipment to ensure they are cataloged & up to our very high quality standards
- Ability to effectively present information & respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, & the general public
- Ability to calculate figures & amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, & volume.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Contact Management systems; Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software; & Word Processing software
What You Bring To The Role
- Relationships with a large number of connections who you could immediately convert to consignors is a must. You should also have a very strong network of professional contacts who could also yield additional consignors
- At least five years experience in wholesale, business development, or e-commerce of luxury goods; or equivalent combination of education & experience. Ability to read, analyze, & interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports & business correspondence
- A strong sales ability & mentality paired with an entrepreneurial spirit
- A high degree of business acumen, sophistication, & the ability to establish trust is mission critical. This position requires the person to work directly with very discriminating clientele
- Demonstrated track record of meeting & exceeding monthly goals
- Critical knowledge of luxury brands. Great attention to detail & customer service
- Ability to master multiple technical devices & systems
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.