Experience: All Levels
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices,attained unicorn status after our recent investment round,and been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds."
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
Youre a research scientist who has published in top tier conferences & are passionate about having a positive impact on the world. You are enthusiastic about working on some of the most challenging problems in AI & directly contributing to products while advancing the state of the art. You are very creative, can work independently, & are an excellent collaborator & communicator.
- Perform research to advance the state of the art & solve specific problems at scale in one or more of the following areas: NLP, Information Retrieval, Complex Networks, Recommender Systems.
- Work closely with a diverse, interdisciplinary team to deliver value to customers (existing & new products).
- Contribute to the research community via publications in top tier venues, participation in program committees, etc.
- Excel in placing a human-centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc), finding solutions that work in practice & have significant impact.
- Senior candidates are expected to lead technical areas and/or people.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science (NLP, Information Retrieval, Complex Networks, Recommender Systems).
- Experience in one or several of the following topics: topic detection & tracking, text classification, summarization, knowledge extraction/representation/management, trending topic detection, search, machine learning & deep learning, etc.
- Outstanding publication record (SIGIR, KDD, WWW, ICML, NIPS, ACL, CIKM, RecSys, etc.).
Experience in Java, Scala, Python, or similar languages.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, set up experiments & demonstrate progress through principled used of metrics.
- Familiarity with machine learning & deep learning tools (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, etc)
- Professional experience in industry (requirement varies depending on level; recent graduates must have had relevant internships).
Why you should work here:
We recognize & reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- opportunities to own & drive important critical projects.
- individual Learning & Development fund & professional training.
- generous leave & flexible hours.
- daily catered lunch & a fully stocked kitchen.
- And more!
Note:For this role, only candidates with Ph.D.s in the areas above will be considered. If you do not meet that requirement please consider either the Data Scientist or other positions.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards torace, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.