Accounts payable Specialist is responsible for receiving invoices coming into the Company. Their responsibility includes, verifying & posting the invoices as well as corresponding with vendors to reconcile differences
· Maintain relations with vendors & internal customers
· Coordinates with receiving department to obtain receiving reports for the previous day, food & non-food vendors included.
· Matches PO (purchase order) to receiving report/invoice/bill of lading (BOL) as applicable, for completeness.
· Responsible for obtaining missing supporting documentation from receiving dept. or other relevant party.
· Completes "packet" for processing & stamps with "date received in A/P dept."
· Separates food from non-food & by vendor for distribution to remaining A/P team.
· Unmatched items are stored, alphabetically, in an "unmatched file" awaiting supporting documentation.
· Review incoming invoice, comparing invoice prices & receive quantity to PO & to system
· Report discrepancy to purchasing & receiving departments & reconcile/resolve differences.
· Post matched invoices without discrepancies.
· Ensure that all discrepancies are followed up timely & resolved within vendor’s payment terms
·Request & reconcile vendor’s statement monthly
· Reconcile posting to GR/IR account, a.k.a. Accrued Purchase account
· Review & respond to incoming e-mails & phone inquiries from vendors & internal customers within 24 hours.
·Opens daily mail, stamps for date received, & matches any receiving to "unmatched file" as applicable.
· File all paid invoices as necessary.
· Assist with preparing checks & electronic payments for signing/approval.
· Match the check to the invoice being paid, i.e. amounts are the same, or if not, reconciliation of why not
·Verify that all appropriate documentation is attached
· Separate & distribute checks for signers: there are currently 3
· Assist with preparing checks for mailing.
· Review that all checks are signed, put in respective envelopes, & forward to mailing dept. for stamping & sending
· Any other duties or projects as assigned by Manager.
- HS diploma
- Associate Degree preferred with an emphasis in courses in accounting, finance, or related field
- Minimum one (1) year work experience in an Accounts Payable role preferred
- Bookkeeping Certificate preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Advance knowledge of Excel & MS Word
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Strong Math & Communication skills
- Highly organized & professional
- Positive attitude, sound work ethic & an ability to follow instruction
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature & level of work being performed by the Team member(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, & skills required of individuals in this position. Position Descriptions may be subject to change as the needs of the organization changes.
As EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY, Fresh Direct & its affiliates do not discriminate against applicants or employees because of their race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender (except where gender is a bonafide occupational qualification), disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state, or local law.