Daily Harvest is hiring a user experience research team lead to join our rapidly-growing HQ in New York City. You will be a thought leader internally & will help us establish best practices, democratize customer insights, lead long-term research, & build out the digital experience research function in close partnership with our VP of Product.
What you will do:
- Define the structure & best practices of the user experience research function for the company.
- Create processes that scale with our rapidly growing business & team. You will be asked to democratize simple research methods but centralize research insights to fuel customer-centric decision-making across the company.
- Train Product Managers & Designers on how to conduct simple usability tests with prototypes to scale our customer-centric product development processes.
- Work across the company to prioritize research opportunities.
- Lead longer-term research that informs our product vision. Own the documentation of our customer journey to facilitate alignment & decision-making across the organization.
- Collaborate with our marketing & culinary product teams on ethnographic research.
Who you are:
- Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience, ideally in a rapidly growing company
- EXTREMELY organized
- Experience having designed:
- Scalable systems for recruiting & screening participants
- Scalable processes for sharing insights across functions
- Passionate about decentralization with a proven track record of training others on research methodologies
- Managed projects that involve cross-functional teams
- Experience analyzing qualitative & quantitative data & distilling down into actionable product & design insights
- Precise, but able to be agile & iterative. You know when to make a decision based on consistent insights from 3-6 user interviews & when to take a step back & conduct a more comprehensive analysis.
- Will have a robust toolkit of methodologies & know what tool to apply in which circumstances.
- An office freezer full of smoothies, soups, breakfast bowls, harvest bowls, & lattes
- A dynamic, ambitious & fun work environment
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits
- Flexible time off policy
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, & Refinery29, & garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, & Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.