WayUp is the go-to platform for millions of early-career professionals to explore job & internship opportunities, receive advice, & get discovered by employers. Top companies from startups to Fortune 500s use WayUp's platform to reach, recruit & engage with the new generation of early-career talent. Since launching in 2014, WayUp has helped millions of candidates launch their careers.
WayUp is seeking aControllerto own all accounting operations for WayUp. Youll report into & work closely with our Chief of Staff to ensure the day-to-day accounting operations are accurate, month end close runs smoothly, while overseeing AP/AR, payroll & account reconciliations. Candidates must be organized, meticulous & have the ability to work cross-functionally with all other departments within WayUp. Candidates should have a can-do attitude with a strong work ethic & have the ability to work independently & as part of a team.
- Own day-to-day accounting operations including month end close process, AP/AR, payroll & account reconciliations.
- Prepare & analyze financial statements
- Establish, monitor & maintain strong internal controls
- Effectively communicate financial metrics to senior management
- Ensure compliance with all tax requirements
- Coordinate with sales operations to track/report/analyze bookings, billings, backlog, rev-rec, MRR, commissions, chargebacks, credit card reconciliations
- Drive preparation & analysis of budgets & forecasts while holding the pen on the company model
- Implement & maintain a documented system of accounting policies & procedures
- Manage the annual audit
- Support the Chief of Staff in strategic matters (fundraising, etc.)
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance, CPA preferred
- Five to seven years of progressively responsible accounting experience with some start-up experience
- Experience owning a company model
- Integral team player who wants to be an employee owner in a growing company
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinker & able to thrive in a fast-pace setting
- Solid Excel skills for analysis & modeling
- Exceptionally organized, demonstrated resourcefulness & initiative with a can do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relations across the organization
- A mix of public & private accounting experience preferred
- Proficient in Quickbooks, Google suite
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Comprehensive Healthcare Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401k Plan
- Weekly Catered Team Lunch
- Monthly Lunch & Learns with Industry Leaders, CEOs, VC's & more
- Unlimited Sick Days
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Continuous Education Stipend
- Office Snacks, Cold Brew & Lots of Dogs!
By submitting your application, you agree to submit a list of references as part of the interview process & consent to WayUp contacting these references.
The Company values the array of backgrounds, talents & perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex & gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation & related medical conditions), gender identity & gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age, sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military & veteran status, certain arrest or conviction records, domestic violence victim status, & any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law (collectively referred to as "protected characteristics).