We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game & change lives. Thats why our mission is to build the worlds most powerful network of sports video & data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs & fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights & a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology & we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
Were looking for someone to be our Vice President of Engineering to guide, grow & nurture a diverse, global team of 150+ engineers. Our plan is to double in size over the next five years & the VP of Engineering is a part of the team responsible for getting us there. Our team spans the U.S. & Europe & includes software engineers, hardware engineers, data scientists & data engineers. Its a group of servant leaderstheyre responsible for creating solutions that solve some of the toughest problems in performance analysis, recruiting & fan engagement. These solutions weave together:
- Hardware (like our smart camera Hudl Focus)
- The cloud (the heart of Hudls product)
- Mobile & Mac apps that are mission critical for more than 200,000 teams
- A video breakdown service that tags over a million games each year with in-depth stats
Hudl has a flexible location policy. Once we can safely return to our offices, we'll leave it up to you to choose where you want to work: one of our offices in Lincoln, Omaha, Boston, or London, or remotely within the U.K or U.S.
- Serve on the Product Leadership team. This team shapes our overall product team structure, culture & goals.
- Prioritize the needs of all chapters over your own. In priority order: customer > company > chapter > self.
- Write, maintain & support company-wide product fundamentals.
- Guide the composition of our squads & broader teams.
- Support & enforce scrum & scaled scrum as the way to get stuff done on squads & teams.
- Serve on the Senior Management team, working with all of Hudls VPs on company-wide initiatives.
- Help Hudl grow its engineering talent & technical prowess as we continue to set lofty goals for our business & products.
- Team-focused. You dont have a big ego. Youre used to bringing everyone into the process & helping people creatively solve problems.
- An innovator. What got us here wont get us there. You arent afraid to challenge the status quo if you think theres a better way to do something.
- A coach. You care deeply about your team & are experienced in developing, mentoring, & serving them.
- A leader. You value the positive & inclusive culture weve built around engineering at Hudl & are passionate about using it to influence your management style. Youre not afraid to challenge yourself & your team to iterate on designs & products.
- People-oriented. Youre able to quickly build deep relationships with other leaders, guiding them through tough tasks & celebrating their wins.
- Ready to scale. You have scaled large engineering teams before & are excited to bring that experience to Hudl.
- Paying attention to broader trends in the software industry. Things move fast & youll need to be constantly assessing new technologies & systems to improve organizational processes & decision-making.
- Manage leaders. You will be responsible for coaching, developing, & serving engineering directors on your team.
- Be accountable. You will:
- Hire amazing people, coach the team & develop impactful & thoughtful managers & leaders.
- Create an effective engineering organization that empowers directors to be autonomous & fast moving - while balancing consistency & best practices.
- Be responsible for the performance of contributing engineers, managers & directors to create high quality solutions that solve the problems we prioritize.
- Establish & administer the departments budget.
- Work with other teams. Our platform is a very important part of Hudls technical strategy. You will partner with other leaders across the company to identify, evaluate & execute on opportunities to make our products more deeply integrated.
- Help us improve. Youll ensure we get better every year at producing great work that delivers immense value to our customers & business.
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements & strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. Were all about a healthy work-life balance. Well give you unlimited vacation time & have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. Were lifelong learners who encourage professional development. Well give you tons of resources & opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. Youll have the enriching, flexible environment & powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental health. We care about our employees wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program & Employee Resource Groups have you covered.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences & promote inclusion.
We also know imposter syndrome is real & the confidence gap can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please dont hesitate to applywed love to hear from you.