Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Staff, Product Designer to lead the design of customer experiences for our Marketing & Growth Platform. In this role, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to discover, define, & design the experience of our platform that is used by marketers to engage their customers. The ideal candidate will be an advocate for our customer-informed process, a champion & active contributor to our inclusive-by-default Design System, a mentor to our UX team members in upholding our standards & helping them grow, & a UX leader who takes a holistic, human-centered approach to design.
Twilio is seeking a Staff, Product Designer who:
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: design, prototyping, presentation, sharing & soliciting feedback, influencing key decision making, & collaborative handoffs with developers.
- Can share a portfolio with beautiful, usable, straightforward, & lovable designs that demonstrates strong technical product thinking & an understanding of user-centered design methodologies
- Has a demonstrated advocacy for design & research methodologies, & is proficient in running quantitative & qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, & field studies.
- A demonstrated history of successfully mentoring & coaching team members.
- Experience designing & evolving enterprise application software in a fast-past environment.
- 5+ years of industry experience & a related degree or equivalent experience in UX, Design, HCI, Information Management, Psychology, or Anthropology.
As a Designer on the Marketing & Growth Platform team, you will live our Twilio Values, & be able to:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES + WRITE IT DOWN: Engage with our customers to understand their needs, & design products & workflows to unlock their potential. Articulate the customer problem & success metrics, & gain alignment with stakeholders on your approach to testing, learning, & iterating on a solution.
- BE AN OWNER: Own & advance the vision for Twilios Marketing & Growth Platform. Take personal accountability for achievement of goals & results, & coach members to ensure goals are met.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Work closely with Product & Engineering teams, in an agile environment, to solve the most important customer problems effectively & efficiently.
- DONT SETTLE + EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with & mentor other Product Designers, providing accurate, constructive, & motivating guidance that helps improve their skills, & the outcome of their work. Lead Design Critiques that ensure consistency across Twilio products & uplevel our standards. Advocate for more efficient processes & higher standards across the UX organization.
- NO SHENANIGANS + BE INCLUSIVE: Remain open, transparent, & inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, and remaining humble while asking for & providing useful & constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
The Marketing & Growth Platforms mission is to enable aspirational marketing teams to engage their customers throughout their journey with their brands. As a designer on this diverse team youll discover & deliver improvements to our industry leading Marketing Campaigns product. Some exciting areas of this teams charter include cross-channel orchestration & intelligent delivery of messages.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our Denver office or remote in the US. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.