Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work in the Media Processing Team to build highly scalable infrastructure & applications for Real Time Communications (RTC). Twilio Programmable Video is powering the next generation of face-to-face Video communication applications by providing developers with the APIs, SDKs & tools to create innovative Video experiences.
The ideal candidate will be a passionate Software Developer with experience in cloud computing & systems with a high degree of concurrency.
Twilio is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record developing cloud or media software. They also have:
- 5+ years experience in C++.
- Proficient in the programming language of choice
- Experience with complex distributed systems or real time systems
- Experience working in the cloud, AWS, Google, Azure
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Bonus points for experience with one of the following technologies: AKKA, WebRTC, Gstreamer.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- Be an Owner: Own & advance the Media Platform so it works flawlessly with the best possible performance.
- Draw the Owl: Navigate tough complex problems with a scientific mindset to find feasible optimal solutions. Invent algorithms & protocols to improve quality & performance.
- Write it Down: Synthesize & document designs & implementations so system behaviours are well known & consistent across features.
- Wear the Customers Shoes: Understand customer needs & the problems they face when building applications. Propose solutions to make their journey easier with Twilios Programmable Video.
- Dont Settle: Collaborate with other Teams in elevating our standards. Participate in architecture & design discussions to ensure consistency across Video. Advocate for more efficient processes & higher standards across the organization
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Understand goals & scopes of tasks. Ensure to be always delivering the highest value features adjusted to requirements & avoid overengineering. Ensure to be working on the right things at the right time.
Voice & Video is one of the largest business units at Twilio & Programmable Video is the fastest growing product in Twilio. We are at the forefront of innovation in the real-time communications industry powering solutions at thousands of companies such as Uber, Comcast, Morgan Stanley & Netflix. Come help up continue to build the most innovative developer platform solving varied customer engagement use cases.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Madrid office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.