As the Director of User Experience you will oversee UX Design, UX Research & UX Writing across our product design team, including Presence, Commerce, Marketing & Analytics & Growth. You will refine & maintain our high standards through essential deliverable feedback & mentorship, improving Squarespaces products & ensuring our collaborative culture is at its best. You will oversee the hiring & training of new members of the team & work with partners across the product design organization on process & direction. On a typical day, youll give feedback in design critiques, coach your team through challenges, make strategic decisions with your peers in Product & Engineering, & interview candidates to join our team.
Squarespace is a design-centric product company at heart which enables anyone to build a beautiful online presence. Product designers at Squarespace are embedded within product teams with product managers & engineers. Our product teams are deeply collaborative, & each member is directly responsible for the teams success.
- Provide UX direction across all of Squarespace products, including Presence, Commerce, Marketing & Analytics & Growth
- Manage the existing teams & their leaders, including developing them further, inspiring them to new heights & building them out to meet the needs of the product organization
- Build & set up UX Research team for success
- Partner with Creative Directors, Product Directors & other partners in supporting groups such as Analytics & Customer Operations on strategy
- Ensure delivery of high-quality work from teams reporting to you
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in information architecture, user experience design, usability testing, accessibility, auditing & related skill sets
- A minimum of 5 years of experience leading design teams
- Experience attracting & hiring design talent
- Deep understanding of the creative process & its needs
- Experience shipping successful products which stand out from the rest
- A user-centered approach to designing software for people
- Expert collaborator across the disciplines of product management, design, writing, engineering & research
- Experience with publishing platforms, content management systems or complex creative tools & platforms
- Experience designing web & mobile apps
Your portfolio shows applied knowledge of usability, user-centered design & research through successful products. It contains wireframes, flows, prototypes & app or site maps etc. & displays the following.
- Work by you
- Work by a team you were directing
- Work by your team, which you had to redirect
- Any large-scale platform thinking you can show
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 850 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.