Who We Are
DoubleVerify is the leader in digital performance solutions, improving the impression quality & audience impact of digital advertising. Built on best practices, DoubleVerify solutions create value for media buyers & sellers by bringing transparency & accountability to the market, ensuring ad viewability, brand safety, fraud protection, accurate impression delivery & audience quality across campaigns to drive performance. Since 2008, DoubleVerify has helped hundreds of Fortune 500 companies gain the most value out of their media spend by delivering best in class solutions across the digital ecosystem that help build a better industry. Learn more at www.doubleverify.com.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our growing Legal Department! As Counsel, you will take an important role in supporting our global commercial organization with a variety of legal matters, including assisting in structuring deals, negotiating contracts, & keeping apprised of issues related to product changes, new product launches, as well as global regulatory changes. Reporting to the Senior Director of Legal, you will work cross-functionally to act as a partner with the DoubleVerify Commercial, Product & other relevant teams to collaborate & advise the relevant stakeholders on legal risks while also facilitating the future growth of the company. Were looking for someone who is a self-starter, curious, creative, a team player & has a desire to grow & advance their legal career.
What Youll Do
- Draft, review & negotiate global contracts through coordination with stakeholders & subject matter experts to ensure transactions satisfy business & legal requirements.
- Provide legal & strategic business advice to help develop & maintain a comprehensive approach to the commercial aspects of our products & programs.
- Assist with sales training & development focusing on key areas such as standard contractual terms, contract processes, best practices & negotiation tactics to assist the global commercial organization effectively close deals.
- Develop & implement process efficiencies in the commercial contracting, vendor on-boarding, contract management processes, as well as various other areas as is needed.
- Support general compliance activities including but not limited to data privacy compliance.
- Monitor & analyze changes in the legal & regulatory landscape.
Who You Are
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) & active good standing with at least one US state bar; preferred location of New York, Washington, DC or Los Angeles
- 2-4 years of experience with commercial contracting, preferably in the technology industry.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a strong ethical compass.
- Ability to lead & manage numerous deals & meet tight deadlines when necessary to achieve business objectives.
- Excellent business partnering skills & ability to communicate complex legal concepts with senior leadership, internal stakeholders, customers, & vendors.
- Experience with technology licensing agreements & a solid understanding of information security & data privacy laws.
- Proven ability to counsel & assist in developing strategic solutions, building business relationships & gaining trust with various stakeholders.
- Open to travel as & when required.