The People team is the linchpin of Oscars values & culture--we bring, we build, we maintain, we strengthen. You will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees & management in designated business units & will accelerate the effectiveness of our super-talented team by owning and/or supporting the following areas: benefits administration, compensation, employee relations, policy design & implementation, compliance with federal & state requirements, People analytics & ad hoc special projects & initiatives. This Director will support some of our most critical businesses.
- Partner with the leaders in our New York office on business & HR issues
- Provide exemplary HR leadership & strategic guidance to the business, helping this business grow & scale
- Develop, recommend & implement personnel policies & procedures in partnership with Chief People Officer, VP of People Strategy, Legal, Compliance & Finance
- Administer components of Oscars compensation & benefit programs
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements as well as compliance with federal & state employment law regulations
- Manage & resolve employee relation matters in collaboration with the VP of People, including problem solving team, manager & individual challenges
- Support Oscars leadership by providing solution-oriented human resources advice & counsel as well as driving & implementing decisions
- Oversee talent management initiatives locally, including performance management & compensation processes
- Drive & contribute to People analytics with the goal of optimizing Oscar programs & culture
- Serve as one of the main points of contact for HR-related questions
- Provide support & assistance to other People functions, as needed
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum of seven to ten years of human resource experience
- Strong familiarity with government compliance regulations
- Working knowledge of best practices & protocols
- Strong attention to detail & the ability to deliver results in a timely manner
- Ability to manage competing deadlines & work well under pressure
- Exceptional interpersonal, problem-solving & organizational skills
- Familiarity & interest in analytics & metrics
- Experience at a rapidly scaling organization
- A no job too big or small ownership attitude
Nice to Haves:
- HR certifications (i.e. SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP)
- Supported tech companies
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.