What is Slice?
Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, lifes special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship & tradition found behind local pizzerias counters. Were here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools & services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
What you'll do:
- Build for the user! You will consistently raise the bar when it comes to the quality & polish of the Slice Mobile product user experience.
- Display exceptional productivity when working both independently & pairing to drive work to completion.
- Evolve & improve engineering standards & practices across the organisation.
- Demonstrate expertise in the resolution of software failures & guide the wider team on how to tackle these in the future.
- Guide platform level improvements that touch many systems.
- You'll have a major impact in the features & performance of our mobile applications.
- Lead by example through writing very high quality, maintainable code.
- Be a mentor & teacher to other engineers.
What we're looking for:
- 9+ years experience of building consumer facing mobile applications.
- Expert-level knowledge of Swift or Objective-C.
- Demonstrable systems thinking skills. Understands that apps are only one part of a larger system.
- Understands API design. Knows, & can drive, what 'good' looks like & what the app needs short term & long term from an API
- 3+ years working on a high profile & top tier mobile application - Top 10 in an app store category
- Experience with migrating an existing Objective-C application to Swift.
- Broad knowledge of Agile processes.
- Interest or experience with various mobile patterns e.g. reactive programming, MVVM.
- Experience working on an Android mobile application written in Kotlin.
- Must have understanding of the full product development life-cycle.
- Interest in working with Android or backend web services is a plus.
- Knowledge of current advances & tools being created & adopted by the iOS software community.
Great Engineers can come from a variety of backgrounds, & so Slice is open-minded to varied education & experience
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, & shared services they need to serve todays digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains & form the nations largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops & discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his familys New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If youre ambitious, interested in growing your career, & hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards weve recently won for our workplace & culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.