Company Description|Job Description
When extreme data requires companies to act with unprecedented agility, Kinetica powers business in motion. Kinetica is the instant insight engine for the Extreme Data Economy. Across healthcare, energy, telecommunications, retail, & financial services, enterprises utilizing new technologies like connected devices, wearables, mobility, robotics, & more can leverage Kinetica for machine learning, deep learning, & advanced location-based analytics that are powering new services. Kinetica's accelerated parallel computing brings thousands of GPU cores to address the unpredictability & complexity that result from extreme data.
For more information & trial downloads, visit kinetica.com or follow us on LinkedIn & Twitter.
Our QE team is responsible for validating Kinetica's software products, on our supported operating systems & hardware platforms through exploratory, & advanced automation testing strategies. We represent the customer perspective & drive product quality & testing efficiency throughout the SDLC. We are growing our software testing team that will test data processing stacks & DevOps capability to simulate complex scenarios.
In this role, Software Developer in Test will...
- Develop (code) & design/implement test plans & strategies
- Communicate & champion user facing/system acceptance criteria
- Build automated testing systems & develop testing processes, to ensure the continuous delivery of high-quality software to our customers
- Explore & research new advanced testing frameworks & strategies
- Work closely with our development, research & product teams to iteratively deliver quality code to production
- Collect & analyze data to help validate & improve the efficiency of QA & development processes
- Design testing systems to drive quality for an advanced GPUDB accelerated database
- Design testing systems for applications that include geospatial analytics, machine learning (ML), & advanced streaming data analytics & processing.
- Technical Degree (preferred) or equivalent experiences
- 5+ years of experience testing distributed platforms/endpoints/software compatibility
- Strong technical & problem-solving skills to identify & remove roadblocks
- Experience with Linux & BASH shell scripting (preferred)
- Hands-on experience with writing automation test code using leading industry standard tools & frameworks that can simulate complex multi-system scenarios
- Passion for debugging & determining root cause
- Experience working on various Agile development methodologies & focused on using QA & development metrics to drive decision making
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience with successfully developing & executing test plans & strategies, identifying risks & gaps, & managing KPIs, while partnering with development & management.
- An experienced user with at least one of the following: PostgreSQL with PostGIS, ArcGIS, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Tensorflow
- Experience with advanced database testing strategies including TPC benchmarking
- Experience with test planning & execution of reliability/crash, concurrency, & scalability testing types.
- Experience with DevOps, CI/CD processes with Docker
- Experience with load/performance testing tools (e.g. Locust.io, JMeter)
- Experience with API testing
- Penetration Testing
- Data analytics/BI Tools
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.