BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a freelance Shopping Writer, Branded Content who has experience creating product-focused content to join the branded Creative team in New York. Are you always shopping? Do your friends turn to you for product recommendations? Are you passionate about finding the best deals online? This may be the position for you! We're looking for someone who is excited to create shoppable posts for brands.
This role is a fixed-term position through the end of 2021 & reports to the Senior Manager, Branded Content.
- Write engaging product roundups & informative single-product posts, including home, fashion, beauty, pet care, sales/deals, & more.
- Follow BuzzFeed's best practices & meet our editorial standards by choosing & describing products in a thoughtful, informative way that matches the BuzzFeed voice.
- Pitch headlines, both internally & directly to clients.
- Work with our Sales & Account Management teams to ensure the brand's needs are met.
- Manage multiple client programs at a time & work with several different teams across the business organization.
- Follow legal guidelines & client restrictions when writing content.
- Contribute to Creative meetings & brainstorm sessions.
- Optimize any product links that are included in posts.
- Occasionally write non-shopping-related branded content, depending on the team's bandwidth.
- 3+ years of experience writing lists & shopping content.
- The ability to describe products in both an entertaining & descriptive way.
- Previous affiliate experience is a big plus.
- Experience translating client needs into branded content is a plus.
- Experience with SEO a plus.
- Experience writing for multicultural audiences is a plus.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation & benefits package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.