Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
The Accounting team is responsible for accurately reporting the financial results of Clover Health & overall business activities. The team coordinates & directs all financial transactions in the accounting system as well as, supports company wide goals & initiatives relative to the financial needs of all departments. The accounting department assures that all transactions adhere to company policies & procedures, generally accepted accounting principles, & relevant authoritative guidance.
We are looking for a highly motivated & dedicated individual to join our accounting team as an Accounts Payable Specialist. In this role, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, managing the full life cycle of the vendor invoice process, fostering & maintaining business communications & ensuring timely & accurate payments. This individual will be expected to exhibit the highest professional standards, ethical principles, & attention to detail while working on numerous routine & ad hoc accounting support functions.
As an Accounts Payable Specialist, you will:
- Perform full cycle accounts payable processes in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Process complex vendor invoices & agree to appropriate supporting documentation, verify & match vendor invoices to purchase orders & obtain proper payment approval.
- Ensure invoices are recorded to the proper accounting periods in accordance with company policy & generally accepted accounting principles.
- Monitor the Accounts Payable inbox on a daily basis to ensure that all invoices & other vendor communication are properly addressed.
- Generate weekly AP aging reports & obtain approval from senior management to process payments.
- Monitor & review purchase requisitions & convert the approved requisitions to purchase order.
- Generate the open purchase order list on a weekly basis & distribute to designated approvers.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research & correct discrepancies. Prepare, analyze & reconcile vendor aging reports.
You will love this job if:
- You have strong analytical & problem solving skills, along with a high level of attention to detail.
- You are driven to learn, you may not have worked in healthcare before but you are curious & willing to do what it takes to get up to speed & make an immediate impact.
- You are a team player, resourceful & can cultivate relationships with diverse groups of people to work efficiently & meet deadlines.
- You are a self-starter who isnt afraid of a messy situation & views every obstacle as an opportunity to learn & grow.
You should get in touch If:
- You have 1-3 years relevant work experience with a focus on A/P or accounting preferred.
- You have experience working with financial management software.
- You have experience working with Microsoft Office & Google Suite.
- You have at minimum, a bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.We are anE-Verifycompany.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software & analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene & provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, & our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate & mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clovers inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & our employees are people with different strengths, experiences & backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race & gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion & many other parts of ones identity. All of our employees points of view are key to our success, & inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities & will provide accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation process or hiring decisions.