Peloton's Quality Engineering team is looking for experienced, well-rounded Software Development Engineer In Test (SDET) to work on our award-winning Peloton products - Peloton Bike & Peloton Tread. As a member of Pelotons Product Engineering Backend team youll be the one powering every user experience across Bike, Tread, mobile, web, & TV in four different countries. We help users take live & on-demand classes, send each other high-fives, compete on the leaderboard, take part in challenges, discover new music, & much more. We are building an API that changes peoples lives, you can check out the Peloton members page & see what our users are up to: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pelotonmembers
Peloton's Product Engineering Backend team is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test. You are demanding of high quality products & believe in (almost) all things automated. It's an opportunity to grow within Peloton's test engineering team & help us implement good test engineering practices
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Strong programming skills obtained through a degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience working in software test automation for API.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented concepts with any OO languages
- Experience with one or more programming languages including but not limited to: Python, Kotlin, Scala or Java.
- Solid understanding of GIT
- Experience interacting with REST API
- Ability to accomplish complex engineering task independently
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Experience working writing & running CI/CD jobs
- Monitoring/Tracing/Profiling: Monitoring tools such as Datadog, Tracing tools such as Zipkin or Datadog APM
- Deploy platforms & tooling: Jenkins, Kubernetes
- Caching: Memcache, Redis
- Relational Database: Postgres, or MySQL
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Implement test tools & frameworks for our backend services API, Leaderboard etc
- Define, design & implement automation test cases for regression, integration, service & contract tests of all the leaderboard services
- Integrate testing efforts & tools with CICD
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) & analyze results
- Create logs to document testing phases & defects
- Find & report bugs with accurate, technically complete & concise steps to reproduce.
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Collaborate with QA Engineers to develop effective strategies & test plans