Peloton is looking for a driven, dynamic product attorney to join our growing legal team. The person in this role will assist Pelotons senior attorneys in supporting internal clients across all geographies & teams. This position will require a thorough understanding of Pelotons technology & multifaceted business overall, including its suppliers, partners, members, & competitors, in order to support the achievement of our business objectives.
This role is based out of our NYC HQ.
- Work closely with our Engineering & Product teams to understand & advise on new technologies, products, & features, from early development stages through & after launch; & get your hands dirty by testing & using the products & features you work on
- Understand & help to advance the strategic initiatives, product roadmaps, research & development activities, & release cycles of product features, anticipating -- & helping to mitigate -- risks along the way
- Advise on a range of questions that may arise in connection with a consumer products or software business, including those related to product safety & compliance, contractual relationships, warranty programs, privacy, data security, third party intellectual property or open source use, & other industry-specific regulations & standards
- Draft & negotiate commercial agreements of all types in support of product & engineering initiatives, including complex product development agreements, enterprise software/SaaS agreements, & supply chain agreements
- Maintain terms of service, privacy notices, user manuals & warranty terms, & other user agreements
- Help build scalable & effective processes for providing legal input on strategic product & engineering initiatives
- Collaborate with colleagues on & off the Legal Team on multidisciplinary legal matters, & assist in other projects as needed
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience; a focus on advising product teams in-house is strongly preferred
- Engineering or computer science background is a plus
- Proficiency with intellectual property laws & concepts, plus a working knowledge of global privacy & consumer protection laws, regulations, & industry best practices
- Strong background in negotiating supply chain & manufacturing agreements, enterprise software/SaaS agreements, & IP development agreements is strongly preferred
- Strong business acumen & ability to advise on business-related legal issues
- Solution & team-oriented (no job is too small or too large)
- Experience achieving buy-in from diverse stakeholders across a fast-paced company
- Enjoy working in a rapidly changing, disruptive business
- Must be able to work independently & remotely with Peloton team members across the U.S. & globally
- Superb organizational skills & ability to manage & prioritize multiple projects at once
- Member in good standing of the NY, TX, CA, or comparable State Bar
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK, Canada, & Germany, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.