WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at XO Group, we truly believe in doing work that matters. Through our family of brandsThe Knot, The Nest, The Bump, GigMasters, & How He Askedwe inspire, inform, & cheer on our community as they move through lifes most amazing milestones. From the proposal, to creating a home & starting a family together, were there for every step of the journey. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The marketing team is looking for a senior leader to head the Product & Consumer Marketing team to increase awareness through brand marketing, acquire new customers through our owned & earned marketing channels & drive power users through best-in-class product marketing. The work will involve building a team to do a combination of brand marketing, digital marketing & working closely with PR, Email & Social marketing teams to use their channels to acquire & educate customers. The leader will have the final responsibility in building the marketing calendar & key messaging across both brands.
The person will be part of the marketing leadership team building the go-to-market strategy & positioning of the two brands & then being responsible for the marketing execution.
- Lead all consumer & product marketing for The Knot
- Be a strategic leader on the marketing leadership team responsible for driving the overall go-to-market positioning & strategy
- Be a strong leader & cross-functional team player
- Identify & manage key brand partnerships
- Work with & manage external agencies
- Execute on external brand marketing campaigns
- Develop strong processes that will allow the marketing function to scale as the business scales
- Hire, manage, mentor, & develop marketers within & beyond the team
- Own the Brand Marketing Calendar
- Owns Product Marketing - works across product, content marketing, social, email, video
- Product Launches
- Push Strategy
- Email Tracks
- Landing pages
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 8-10+ years of experience as a marketer
- 5+ years as manager of small to medium size marketing teams
- Strong creative instincts, supported by experience guiding creative input, development & execution from concept to completion
- Highly data-driven with strong ability to use insights to frame recommendations & results into concise & actionable reports
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills, possessing high executive presence
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Exemplary project management skills, with strong ability to juggle multiple priorities & excel in a lean & demanding work environment
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous entrepreneurial culture
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You love our users. You deeply understand our users & put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve & delight them every day.
- You do the right thing. You are respectful & act with the highest integrity. If you see something that isnt right, you say something.
- You debate it. You ask questions to understand a perspective & are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- You own your outcomes. You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, & are accountable for your commitments.
- You make fast decisions. You are an effective & timely communicator. You understand how to collaborate, compromise, & escalate when needed.
- You get better every day. You welcome the gift of feedback. You never settle in your quest to grow & develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
Youll hear a lot about culture & perks from other companies, but we like to think of it as the XO way of life. From unlimited vacation & generous parental leave benefits, to free snacks & Thirsty Thursdays, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.