Viator, a Tripadvisor company, makes it easy to find & book something you'll love to do. With access to the world's largest selection of high-quality experiences, there's always something new to discover, both near & far from home. From must-do moments to who-knew discoveries, see the familiar in a new way, or the unknown for the first time.
With industry-leading flexibility & last-minute availability, it's never too late to make any day extraordinary. Plan ahead, or decide that morning. Change your dates. Or change your mind entirely! This is your time off, your way, & we're here to help.
We also know that your time is precious. So we fiercely focus on quality, & we specialize in experiences so incredible that you'll want to tell your friends.
Spend less time searching, & more time making memories. Discover story-worthy experiences, anytime, anywhere.
About the Role:
- Were the worlds largest experiences marketplace, & our team & business are growing fast. Were looking for someone to lead Viators corporate communications during this period of growth.
- In this role, youll primarily act as a project manager working across a broad range of business areas. This will include product & technical communications, industry communications & thought leadership, event marketing, CSR, & more.
- Youll work with our Executive, Communications, Supply, & Partnerships teams to create & execute plans & projects that contribute to Viators reputation.
- In a typical month, this person might work on a partnership announcement, help develop Viators approach to ESG, manage issues, assist with conference branding & planning, brief spokespeople, review & approve speaker requests, & ghostwrite for executives.
- This is a new role at Viator, working as part of the growing Viator Brand team.
- Viators industry relations content programming. Partnering closely with our supply team, youll start by identifying the strengths, weaknesses, & gaps in our current industry outreach & engagement. From there, youll build & lead an industry-facing content strategy that contributes to an increasingly informed, aligned, engaged, & excited operator community.
- Viators external communications policies, including reviewing & approving speaking opportunities.
- Industry-facing announcements, such as product launches, partnership announcements, & business updates.
- Viators CSR & ESG efforts, coordinating closely with Tripadvisor programming & stakeholders. This includes the ongoing management development of our animal welfare policy, as well as working towards the development of our approach to sustainability.
- Issues management, & Viators response to major travel-impacting events.
- Event & conference program, planning, messaging, & branding, partnering closely with our supply team.
- Tell our story beautifully. Use your exceptional writing, creative, & communication skills to identify the right opportunities for the right messages to reach our targeted audiences within the travel industry. Create beautiful, compelling assets including presentations, in-booth signage, marketing or product takeaways, & more (youll have design support!)
- Be our eyes & ears embedded in the major events & news happening within the travel industry & help to inform internal teams of direct operator feedback or larger industry opportunities for improvement to keep Viator on the leading edge.
- Show meaningful, measurable impact. Define, measure, & report on the programs performance.
What youve done:
- Gained 7+ years of experience across industry relations, communications, or a related field.
- Led major, multi-channel announcements or programs, including ownership of messaging strategy, asset creation, communications planning, cross-channel dissemination, & reporting.
- Contributed to the development and/or management of targeted industry communications plan, measurably impacting the experience and/or perception of a B2B brand within its industry of focus.
- Successfully built consensus amongst your peers & senior leadership on strategy, messaging, & success metrics.
- Built a reputation as an exceptional writer, no matter the format. Youre adept at translating technical concepts into stories, soundbites, slides, spokesperson talking points, & scripts.
- Gained an eye for beautifully presented content, especially executive presentations, video, & graphic storytelling (even if you lack direct experience in these areas).
- Measurably contributed to brand awareness through strategic communications & industry outreach or engagement programs.