The Data Infrastructure team is rapidly growing & we are looking to add an engineer to help build our infrastructure.. Our infrastructure includes streaming, messaging, search, data api layer, data orchestration, data integrations & transactional databases. We are ready to push limits with our next generation data infrastructure. You will lead the data architecture & best practices to provide the best experience to the data community at Flexport.
This team is responsible for building high-level abstractions to ingest, process, & consume raw data produced by source systems at Flexport. With these abstractions, Flexport is able to adapt & utilize data infrastructure easily across a wide variety of teams & tools. This team sits between Product Engineering Teams & the Data Infrastructure Team, enables wide adoption, & sets standards for data ingestion & processing across Flexport. Engineering teams can provision infra with customization via a Backstage Extension, "Data Portal". These services are generic enough to be used by any company with similar security, stability, scalability, & cost requirements.
- Craft the data architecture, & own the data landscape, for a major domain in the world of logistics that powers global trade
- Work across teams to identify & solve pain points in our data architecture
- Work closely with data partners & users to distill complex data problems into elegant technical solutions
- Provide core abstractions to ingest & process data at scale
- Build infrastructure to support various workloads (Kafka, Snowpipe, data ingestion, Query / API layer (snowflake))
- Design & develop disaster recovery plans to ensure data integrity
- You play a significant role in the career development of others, actively mentoring & educating the data community on trends, technologies, & best practices
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of hand-on experience building & operating critical data infrastructure
- Experience with Kafka & the AWS ecosystem, including the benefits & challenges
- Experience designing, building, & deploying scalable cloud-based architectures
- Experience in designing end-to-end data flows for both transactional & analytics use cases
- Experience with data governance & security practices
- Demonstrable skills in at least one programming language
At Flexport, we believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make it easy & accessible for everyone. Were shaping the future of a $8.6T industry with solutions powered by innovative technology & exceptional people. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $19B of merchandise across 112 countries a year.
The recent global supply chain crisis has put Flexport center stage as we continue to play a pivotal role in how goods move around the world. At a valuation of $8 billion, were experiencing record growth & are proud to have the support of the best investors in the game who believe in our mission, solutions & people. Ready to tackle global challenges that impact business, society, & the environment? Come join us.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about what our tech teams have been up to, head to the Engineering Blog.