Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is enabling our customers to build the future of communications. The Twilio Solutions Engineer is a critical part of the sales team that is facilitating this communication renaissance.
The Twilio Solutions Engineer is responsible for delivering the technical win & product fit at customer accounts. They build customer trust in Twilio solutions, which results in customer success in the post-sale. The Solutions Engineer leads the technical pre-sales relationship, proposes technical architectures, demonstrates the product, anticipates concerns, & offers creative solutions.
The Twilio Solutions Engineer is both highly technical & a skilled relationship builder. They are comfortable showing an engaging communications experience to a CEO or sketching out an API flow on a whiteboard with customer software engineers.
Twilio is looking for an Enterprise Solutions Engineer with a strong desire to work in a technical pre-sales role.
- 5 plus years pre-sales experience selling complex, technical products.
- Excellent communicator & presenter able to gain audience confidence
- Hands-on, high-energy, passionate & creative problem solver with know how to get things done & ability to lead others to success
- Ability to build a deep understanding of a customers communications needs & guide them to a technical solution
- Previous software development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Experience building with REST APIs
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) & cloud application architecture.
- Previous experience in Telecom, SIP, Contact Center, or Security is a plus.
Twilio Solutions Engineers get to live our values every day.
- DRAW THE OWL: Present creative new solutions that enable & inspire innovation
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Build & present Twilio product demos that showcase a deep understanding of our customers business & the problems theyre trying to solve
- DONT SETTLE: Keep asking probing questions & never stop learning new products & new technologies
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work alongside Twilio Account Executives through the pre-sales process to strategize & plan for deal success
- BE BOLD: Dont be afraid to take that big idea & run with it
Solutions Engineers play a major role in Twilios sales organization & are critical to deal success. The Twilio product suite is built for developers who are on a mission to build innovative communication products & technology. SEs help customers achieve success by leading the technical & product sale, recommending best-practice solutions, & guiding them on how to use Twilios APIs
Twilio customers often share common use cases, but rarely share the same implementation requirements. Each company is unique when it comes to process, technology stacks, & skill. The Twilio Solutions Engineer owns the technical sales process to help demonstrate the best way to use Twilio products to achieve (and often exceed) their goals.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unrivaled; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in employees dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Atlanta office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.