ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm is hiring a full-time Branded Content Writer to communicate theSkimms mission to our audience in multiple formats. Reporting to the Senior Branded Content Strategist, youll join our growing branded editorial unit & work closely with the sales team to execute best in class campaigns, writing for theSkimms unique voice across a variety of platforms including our newsletters, social products, web, & audio. Youll be a guardian of the brands voice & tone while playing a critical role in helping the business develop & execute new branded initiatives.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Brainstorm & execute content for branded partnerships with both upstarts & Fortune 500 companies
- Write branded content copy in post-sale for a variety of platforms, including newsletter, social, web, & audio
- Partner with the sales team on campaigns to create effective content while maintaining theSkimm's brand & editorial standards
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 3-5 years of experience working in digital media or content creation
- Experience creating social media content
- Copywriting experience
- Excellent writer with the ability to write in the voice of a character
- Ability to translate a brand's story for theSkimm's unique platforms
- Passionate about theSkimm & its mission
- A self-starter & a team player
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Some experience working in branded content & knowledge of the industry
- Desire to build on what you know & learn the ins & outs of branded content
- Desire to hone your (already excellent) copywriting skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.