Our Quality Org is looking to hire an SDET to drive quality & automated testing for across the Technology organization. SDETs work in cross functional teams on test tools & frameworks so that writing tests is seamless & can be undertaken by any developer on the team (think TDD).
At Shutterstock an SDET should be proficient in coming up with test cases & describing how they can be written either by the SDET or another developer. A Shutterstock SDET should also be able to drive quality within the team by encouraging team members to test their code at all levels (unit tests, integration tests, performance tests, end to end tests, security tests. etc.) & creating/implementing test tools to make testing as efficient as possible.
- Be part of a stand-alone engineering team working closely with other engineers & product managers in rolling out enhancements & new features.
- Work on key features across Shutterstock.com.
- Build out automation frameworks to help integrate automated tests seamlessly into current development process.
- Drive quality across team by constantly building easy-to-use test frameworks & influencing developers to move towards test driven development.
- Work with real world problems faced in scaling the business, suggest innovations/enhancements & work with team in implementing & rolling them out.
- 5+ years of experience in software testing & software development.
- Strong grasp ofcomputer science fundamentals, algorithms & data structures.
- Knowledge of Web Architecture or Micro Service Architecture
- Unix and/or Linux; Unix tools & basic Unix scripting languages.
- Bachelors Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field.
- Build tests (manual & automated) based on acceptance criteria, maintain tests; track outcomes, & monitor for inconsistent results
- Lead the quality effort of software solutions for projects of sizable scope & impact
- Constantly evaluate bugs in the product with keenness to improve the system/software development process to prevent them from repeating
- Evaluate software quality to ensure that software is performing according to product requirements
- Drive quality across the team by constantly building easy-to-use / robust acceptance tests as well as influencing developers to move towards test-driven development
- Participate in executing manual test cases, where required in sprint as well as release regression testing
- Determine test case candidates for automation & create automation test scripts at either the UI or Integration layer, providing the appropriate validation as defined in the test case
- Adhere to the inverse pyramid of automation (Unit, Integration/Mid-Level & Acceptance Tests) to ensure robustness & in turn enabling faster deployment to production
- Be accountable for quality, report bugs, find root cause & follow them through the complete bug life cycle
- Be the single point of contact for quality & should act as Go-To person for quality during any major release / feature launch
- Creating a thorough test strategy for all major product launches (aka test plan) detailing scope, out of scope, responsibilities, testing types, timelines, tools, owners etc.
- Experience with automation frameworks such as Puppeteer, Selenium, Cucumber, or Cypress
- Knowledge of open source technologies
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of over 750,000 contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week, & currently has more than 260 million images & more than 14 million video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media offering; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; & Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter & on Facebook.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V