Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa DPS is looking for a highly motivated & experienced Product Owner to join the team!
The Product Owner's primary responsibility is to build products & solutions that deliver delightful experiences with a substantial value propositions across the payments ecosystem.
This Product Ownerwill:
- Work closely with clients, partners, business unit leaders, engineering, architects, user experience & global cross-functional counterparts to build, iterate & refine new issuer processing solutions.
- Interact with executives & others in client & partner organizations to brainstorm co-creation ideas, develop user stories, & bring new product features to market.
- Work closely with Product Strategy, Product Leads & Technology as part of an agile work team(s) supporting development & commercialization of new features.
- Bring prior experience in hands-on development of product solutions, & a close knowledge of developments in issuer-processing & payment related technology.
- Creative & hands-on, has a bias towards action & is able to inspire others with their vision.
This Product Owner will report to the Sr. Director, Product Manager.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience & a Bachelor's Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- Strong product development skills with a sound understanding of payment technology, risk & fraud management, other ecosystem requirements
- Prior experience working within an agile product development environment, as well as familiarity or experience with issuer processing technology
- 3+ years of experience in the payments industry (e.g. payment processing, acquiring, payment technology provider, payment brand etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in technical or business product management
- 3+ years' experience with agile (SAFE) product development methodology preferred
- Excellent communication skills & executive presence
- Aptitude to collaborate with engineering teams to build robust, reliable & scalable payment solutions
- Highly execution focused by working in conjunction with various counterparts
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems
- Organizational & leadership abilities to influence, negotiate & drive results
- Experience working with external partners in collaborative development
- Knowledge in issuer processing technology or solutions
- Experience & knowledge of Agile (Scrum) project methodology & practices
- Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- Incumbent must be able to travel up to 25%
- This position will be performed in an office setting.The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.