The Digital Product team at Harrys is looking for an innovative & passionate Product Designer to join us in our London office to help drive & execute on our bold product vision & deliver delightful & thoughtful experiences for guys all over the world to help them prepare for their day, every day.
Product Design at Harrys
Youll work side-by-side with the senior product designer, engineers, product managers, marketers, & researchers to turn the ideas we co-create into beautiful, thoughtful web experiences that resonate with our customers across our Harrys & Flamingo EU & UK sites. Youll prototype detailed stories, create pixel-perfect designs that bring it all together & help out with day-to-day design tasks. Well launch, measure, & iterate experiences until we find the right answer for our customers. And youll structure, manage, & create these experiences using atomic design methods & systems that will clearly communicate your component-based designs to engineering. Lets do this!
At Harry's UK we're small but incredibly ambitious, & we've got big plans for the future. Were fortunate to have all the benefits of a start-up - think fast-paced dynamic work culture, lots of autonomy & hyper-growth - along with the resources & stability that comes with being part of an established global business. We live & breathe our values, & we strive to work collaboratively every day. We are currently working remotely, planning to return to a hybrid working model with our London office. And yes, as a start-up we have WFH treats, free weekly lunches & as many free shaving products as you require! And dont worry, facial hair is allowed here at Harry's. We got you.
To you, there's nothing more addictive than making things that matter & showing them to people. You have a knack for creating intuitive, scalable & functional product designs, & represent the users every step of the way, keeping them at the heart of what youre building. You know that authenticity, clarity, & transparency are the keystones of successful modern brands, & youre excited by the prospect of building one. Thinking information architecture, hierarchy, user flows & UI patterns are second nature to you. You understand why you designed something, & can advocate for that in a team environment while collaborating with product managers & engineers. Youre naturally curious & enjoy taking an interest in things outside of design, using that knowledge to further your own work & build your perspectives.
- Work across our Harrys & Flamingo UK & EU sites, optimising localised experiences or the user
- Design experiences methodically & systematically, always improving & curating our design system with an eye towards reuse & scale.
- Make research-backed decisions which guide product strategy from our customers perspective while keeping business goals & technical constraints in mind.
- Create designs & systems, prototype ideas, & build beautiful micro-interactions & animations using Figma
- Stay up to date with UX & UI trends & best practices, & surprise us with your insights & contributions
- Collaborate with the senior product designer, engineering, CX, marketing, product and/or agencies to define requirements, synthesize ideas, & validate designs through tests
- Test designs across the Harrys & Flamingo sites in the UK, Germany, France, the Netherlands & Belgium using a range of different tools
- Analyse test results, report back key trends & insights as well as making recommendations for site improvements
- Build strong bonds with software engineers & support the design QA process.
- Execute stupendous visual & interaction designs that scale across devices & contexts across the full digital experience
- Collaborate in building a culture of design thinking & innovation across the team.
This describes you:
- 3+ years of Ecommerce Product Design experience, designing, testing & creating innovative & responsive web experiences within customer-centric DTC brands.
- Experience within multi-geo products, creating localised product experiences
- A deep understanding of design processes & methods developed through experience, & you balance fidelity with agility based on the task at hand.
- Your analytical thinking is rigorous & communication is precise, & it shows instantly.
- Interested in exploring & experimenting without attachment.
- Your portfolio shows a range of skills: UX, research, visual design, UI, storytelling, persona creation, & design process.
- Experience & are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment working to deadlines & re-prioritizing as required.
- Can make decisions & rally various types of people around them.
- Youve worked with design systems, organizing & managing your projects, & can describe how they work in detail.
- Your work shows how you embrace atomic design principles.
- Youre always thinking of ways to improve your designs, & you have experience in user tests, interviews & research to consistently improve it.
- Experience in using Figma or Sketch for design & prototyping.
- You have a knack for understanding people & how they like to do things, & enjoy collaboration to optimise designs.
Bonus points if you have:
- Worked within the EU market, especially Germany, France, the Netherlands and/or Belgium (maybe even speak one of those languages)
- A love for Jira & have figured out how to use it best for agile / lean design processes
- A passion for creating things using Figma
- General technical fluency
- Experience designing native mobile commerce apps
- A sense of humor (Oops..this is a requirement, now that we think about it)
Please include your portfolio/website, work samples, Dribbble, etc. in your application. Applicants who do not include these examples in their application will not be considered.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.