Cheddar is the leading post-cable news, media, & entertainment company & currently broadcasts two live video news networks: Cheddar, a business news network covering the most innovative executives, founders, products, & technologies transforming our lives & economy; & Cheddar Big News, a fast-paced, young, non-partisan general news & headline news network.
The company broadcasts from the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange, its street level studio in the glass corner of the Sprint Store in the Flatiron Building, WeWork in Los Angeles, & the White House.
Cheddar was founded by Jon Steinberg, President & Chief Operating Officer of BuzzFeed from 2010 to 2014. Its investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Raine Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Liberty Global, Comcast Ventures, AT&T, Amazon, Antenna Group, Ribbit Capital, The New York Stock Exchange, Altice USA, 7 Global Capital, & Denstu Ventures.
About This Role:
Cheddar is looking for a Social Media Associate to assist the Director of Social Media & Engagement in helping to manage content across our social platforms, which includes scheduling, publishing & organizing content calendars for our properties along with the Social Media Manager & the Community Engagement Associate. This position will be responsible for understanding & utilizing Cheddars voice & have a very strong attention to detail & organization skills.
A strong candidate is someone eager to help in the day-to-day real-time responsibilities of social media management & engagement while understanding were a post-cable network & the nature of this fast-paced news cycle.
- Schedule & publish content across Cheddar & Cheddar Big News, & CheddarU social media platforms before, during & after our live shows
- Interact with fans & viewers on our social media platforms alongside the Community Engagement Associate to encourage conversations
- Monitor trending topics & hashtags to insert Cheddar into conversation, even when we dont have video content for these stories
- Clip videos using SnappyTV from our live programming for distribution on social platforms
- Contribute to daily responsibilities of the Director of Social Media & Engagement & the Social Media Manager
- 1-2 years of related social media management experience (Internships & curricular activity included)
- Understand the basic logistics of how to publish, engage & monitor our different social media platforms
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently & keep organized during a busy, fast-paced news cycle
- Strong understanding of what makes content shareable
- Experience with utilizing publishing, analytics & listening tools to help content creation & engagement is preferred, but not necessary
- Bachelors Degree
Our Benefits & Culture:
The Cheddar team moves at lightning speed & our employees have the opportunity to make an extraordinary impact. We are growing fast & achieving milestones every day. Our team is direct, relentless, ethical, proactive, & different. All of our full time employees receive a competitive compensation & benefits package, which includes stock options, health, dental, & vision insurance, disability & life insurance, 401K, discounted gym membership, commuter benefits, generous paid leave, drinks & snacks, team events, happy hours, & more.
Cheddar is an equal opportunity employer, & we actively cultivate an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We welcome all candidates & are committed to hiring people with a wide variety of experiences & backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.