Were excited to be looking for a Demand Planner to join our rapidly-growing team in Dumbo, Brooklyn (currently remote & expected to be back in summer 2021!). Reporting to our SVP of Operations & Customer Experience, youll help oversee the forecasting & demand planning for Brooklinens growing product inventory.
Youre the perfect person for this role if youre driven by a curiosity to uncover meaningful insights from data, are someone who enjoys problem solving, & thrive in a fast-moving environment. If this sounds like you, wed love to hear from you!
What youll do
- Develop a rolling 12-month forecast using historical trends, customer intelligence, & cross-functional inputs
- Collect market intelligence from cross-functional teams & leverage those insights to improve forecasts
- Measure variances to projections & provide consistent analysis of the forecast accuracy KPIS including MPE, MAPE, WMAPE, & Forecast Bias
- Use statistical forecasting & shipment/order trends to validate the demand plan
- Collaborate with supply planning & finance to improve service & inventory metrics
- Partner with Marketing to ensure the most accurate demand signals are being reviewed & analyzed
- Provide analysis & make recommendations through supply modeling to minimize excess inventory & resolve issues to low stock levels
- Develop forecasts for new items with key cross-functional inputs
- Ensure that action plans on key day-to-day exception situations are communicated to appropriate stakeholders
We're looking for someone who brings
- 2-4 years of demand planning experience; experience in a startup is a plus!
- Advanced Excel skills; experience with SQL is a plus
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to think objectively & interpret meaningful themes from quantitative & qualitative data
- Ability to develop forecast models & an understanding of basic statistics
- Experience working in a fast-moving environment with recurring deliverables
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence & drive consensus
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, & passionate people -- who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job & so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard, but are well-rounded (and well-rested). Breaks to pet dogs & hang with coworkers are encouraged. So is taking vacation (weve got a $1k vacation bonus), getting out of here at a reasonable hour, Summer Fridays, & obviously getting a great night sleep (our day starts at 10am).
- Care about growth? So do we. Were growing rapidly, so weve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects & business needs pop up every single day, & we always look internally first.
- All the other stuff youd expect - great benefits (with fully company-paid options), a 401k plan, 100% paid parental leave for ALL new parents, budget for learning & development, fun team outings, & much more.
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen - were passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community & creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how weve done so far & where we know we need to do better.
At Brooklinen, we deliver simple, beautiful, high-quality home essentials at a fair price. We cut out the middlemen, brand markups, & anything that doesnt add value for our customers so they can absorb all the savings. We design our own luxury basics & bring them to you at brooklinen.com.
Since launching 2014, Brooklinen has obtained over 60,000+ 5-star reviews & been featured in Forbes, Vogue, Fortune, New York Magazine, GQ & more.