Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Social Worker to join our Clinical Concierge Team team in our Tempe, Arizona office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Our teams are set out by regions so you can learn the details about your assigned areas & become an expert on supporting members in that area.
Your work will be diverse - you will work with members who are inpatient, in facilities or at home & will work to help solve issues that affect ability to stay healthy.
You will report into a Case Management Lead.
- Support members who need assistance with SDOH - this includes finding resources such as medication assistance programs, food banks, utility support & other opportunities.
- Follow members who need assistance coordinating multiple providers
- Follow members who need support with behavioral health needs.
- Provide education & support to other members of the care team on your areas of expertise.
- Work with non-clinical teammates in assisting your members navigate the healthcare system
- Communicate with your members by phone or secure messaging using your clinical expertise in an unscripted way to provide education & support
- Help coordinate care across a variety of settings (outpatient, ER, home care) while maintaining strict confidentiality & the highest level
- Reach out to members undergoing difficult health challenges, develop care plans with them, & help guide them through the healthcare system to improve the experience
- Masters in Social Work, LMSW preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with compassion & understanding of members needs
- Flexibility & willingness to learn about resources/resource needs in other areas in the Country
- Experience in a Health Care setting
- Previous Case Management experience
- CCM or ACM certification
- Experience with leading or building new processes
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all, & apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.