Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo & Cat Person, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays & lunch on Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
With well-designed products & honest conversations at its core, Flamingo launched in 2018 with a suite of products for body hair. Since then, we have expanded our assortment to be the first brand that offers products for every routine: razors, wax strips for face & body, shave gel, body lotion, hair removal creams, dermaplane razors, & more. In February 2019, Flamingo launched at Target stores nationwide & has continued to expand distribution across retail. Our products & campaigns have been covered by outlets like Vogue, Vanity Fair, Elle, & InStyle, & weve won major beauty accolades like Allures Best in Beauty & Selfs Healthy Beauty awards.
Were committed to building healthy, positive relationships with our bodies & de-stigmatizing the conversation around women's health. Since launch, we have set aside 1% of all sales to support partners whose missions we believe in deeply, including Exhale to Inhale & PERIOD.
About the role
Flamingo is looking for a purpose-driven marketer that is a strategic thinker, driver of results, & has a love for all things product to join the Brand Innovation team. This role will require a high level of collaboration with the various cross functional teams to develop the strategy & execute the launch of new items. This individual will support the end-to-end direction from helping create the vision & pipeline, putting together the product business case to support strategy, to launching the innovation out in the world. Above all, the Associate Brand Manager will experience brand & innovation marketing on a disruptive brand in a highly competitive category at a company where our mission is to create things people like more.
What you will accomplish
- Support the creation, validation, & aid in bringing to life Flamingos multi-year innovation pipeline in the dynamic Hair Removal category. You will manage the commercialization of various innovation initiatives, collaborating with full cross-functional teams such as R&D, Finance, Insights, DTC & Retail along the way to bring concepts to reality.
- Write strong briefs for R&D & packaging, brand communications, creative & design teams (synthesizing business context & key insights into a clear set of actionable goals)
- Be the go-to expert in the Womens Personal Care categories for the organization. Understand performance of the Flamingo brand as well category & key competitors, conducting quarterly reporting as well as ad-hoc analysis rooted in syndicated consumption, panel, & owned data sources. Proactively communicate learnings & actions with internal stakeholders across the organization
- Monitor brand performance vs. objectives & identity opportunities to optimize or grow the business. Recommend strategies & tactics to take advantage of market opportunities & mitigate potential risks
This should describe you
- Bachelors degree required
- 1-2+ years of experience in marketing for an established or startup CPG company
- Prior or relevant experience working in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) & Innovation a plus
- Experience in cross-functional team management; self aware individual who can work collaboratively
- Strong personal motivation in fast-paced- often ambiguous environment- with a bias for action
- Demonstrated ability to influence teams & experience managing multiple stakeholders
- Strong big picture perspective- while also delivering the innovation initiative at hand
- Excellent strategic & analytical skills; ability to leverage syndicated data sources to assess competitive space- bringing forth insights & recommendations to integrate into overall strategy
- Ability to simplify complex problems & make decisions quickly in pursuit of constant forward progress
- Excellent organizational & project management skills
- Understanding of Financial P&L
- Somebody who takes great pride in your work but doesnt take yourself too seriously
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to Ryan Nolan, Flamingo Head of Innovation
- Working on Flamingo Brand Innovation team
- Working cross-functionally with Insights & Analytics, R&D, Base Brand Management, Retail & DTC, & Creative
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We cant quantify all of the intangible things we think youll love about working at Harrys, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart & humble team youll get to work with, & our supportive & inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size & industry, & are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits & our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $71,200-$97,900, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidates location, skill level & experience.