WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Apron is seeking a bright, energetic, self-motivated, highly organized & detail-oriented paralegal with a minimum of 5 years of experience gained in-house, ideally at a leading consumer-facing technology & ecommerce company, to join its legal team. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic team & be involved in a wide range of legal matters across different practice areas for a fast-moving & complex business. This role will work closely with all members of the legal team to support the companys commercial, corporate, regulatory & strategic initiatives & day-to-day operations.
This position reports directly to the Senior Legal Affairs Manager/Head of Legal Operations & is based in the companys corporate headquarters in New York City (Flatiron).
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
This positions principal responsibilities & duties are wide ranging & include:
Litigation & Dispute Management
- Assisting in-house & outside counsel in the management of employment-related & other litigation & administrative matters, including organizing & maintaining internal litigation files (electronic & physical as needed), monitoring ongoing matter activity, service of complaints/charges & pending deadlines; managing & coordinating discovery efforts between outside counsel & internal personnel; drafting, reviewing, analyzing & organizing internal documents.
- Reviewing & responding to subpoenas, requests for personnel information from HR & other sources, including government agencies.
- Creating & managing a centralized intake process for & a database of disputes & litigation, including tracking of status & key dates.
- Assisting in the management of the legal hold process, including implementing, maintaining & tracking legal hold notices.
- Preparing summaries of litigation matters, as needed.
- Maintain portfolio of permits & licenses for applicable business lines, including tracking key dates.
- Handling preparation & filing of new & renewal licenses for applicable business lines, as needed.
Corporate Secretarial & Corporate Governance Support
- Assisting with corporate filings for new & existing entities, ordering documents from state Secretaries of State, & coordinating notarization, certification & apostille of corporate documents, as needed.
Contract Review & Management
- Assisting with intake of newly executed contracts & maintenance of contract management system.
- Summarizing contractual terms & other business & legal matters, & responding to contract inquiries & requests.
Legal Process Improvements
- Assist with building a program for monitoring key departmental KPIs, including preparing data & maintaining related dashboards.
- Conducting periodic employee trainings on relevant legal topics.
- Leading or assisting the legal teams efforts in the preparation, implementation & refinement of forms, processes & procedures relevant to areas of coverage.
- Assisting in coordinating cross-functional projects & implementing legal initiatives.
- Performing other special assignments, strategic projects or duties as needed.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree from accredited university.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience gained in-house, ideally at a consumer-facing technology & ecommerce company. Experience with litigation & labor & employment law support is strongly preferred.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel & PowerPoint), Google Suite (e.g. Gmail & Google Drive) & Adobe Acrobat. Experience with DocuSign, Tableau, electronic billing & contract management software is preferred.
Interpersonal Skills & Competencies
The successful candidate must:
- Be highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, autonomous, creative, efficient & resourceful with strong follow-through skills.
- Be able to manage competing deadlines & demands & nimbly adjust to shifting priorities within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Have a strong work ethic & sense of professionalism & discretion, demonstrating accountability, integrity, good judgment & respect for confidentiality.
- Be able to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive, can do attitude to the workplace & works collaboratively with other members of the legal team & with internal business partners.
- Be extremely bright & intellectually curious but also have an EQ that matches his or her IQ, & the ability to engage effectively with all levels of employees & management across the organization.
- Have excellent communication (written & verbal) & interpersonal skills.
- Be highly analytical & have exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Have a strong desire to learn the business & expand areas of expertise & to function integrally as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Be collegial, hard working, confident, a self-starter & have a passion for results.
SUBMIT: Qualified candidates please submit a resume, as well as a cover letter explaining your reasons for pursuing this opportunity & why you are the right candidate for this role & Blue Apron.