Tanium is looking for a data-minded, strategic thinker to drive data management & support reporting, business insights, & analytics for the Sales Strategy team as a Data Engineer. This is a high impact role supporting our accelerating growth, & the right candidate must have the ability to influence at all levels of the organization by managing complex datasets to support actionable business insights.
This person must be a highly analytical, curious, deep diver with a passion for driving business success through high quality data. They will be responsible & accountable for the sales data in Taniums data warehouse & will be directly involved in data governance & business enablement, as well as strategic planning for data architecture strategy. The ideal candidate will have broad experience with data warehouses, ETL processes & be obsessively detail oriented with a record of championing data-driven strategy in a rapidly-changing environment.
- Join a high-performing, geographically dispersed team to enable critical insight & operational excellence across regional sales organizations
- Own multiple datasets in the sales data warehouse
- Partner with IT to ensure all required data is available & well maintained
- Execute data schema within the warehouse to optimize analytics & reporting
- Minimize run times of daily data ETL processes
- Integrate third party datasets into the sales data warehouse
- Support ad-hoc data & data enhancement requests in support of Sales initiatives
- Maintain up-to-date documentation libraries for key systems, metrics, & reporting packages
- Maintain a culture of transparency, accountability, & efficiency within the Sales Analytics organization & with all stakeholders
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, etc.) or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in data warehousing, data engineering, or data management
- Advanced proficiency with SQL and/or Snowflake
- Extensive work experience with Python
- Experience with PowerBI, Github & eagerness to continue developing these skill
- Advanced proficiency with Excel
- Strong data management, reporting, & communication skills
- Familiarity with ETL processes, Alooma, Apache Airflow, Dell Boomi a plus
- Experience with Salesforce, Netsuite a plus
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Demonstrates initiative & motivation
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Team player
- Person of high ethics & integrity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Analytical abilities: ability to analyze problem situations in depth; ability to show a probing mind.
- Number facility: the individual must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations at a minimum.
- Precision to detail: it is necessary that the individual be precise, detail-oriented, & exact.
- Flexibility: the ability to juggle several projects simultaneously, to cope successfully with diversity & complexity, to integrate seemingly unrelated data, & to reduce complex notions into relatively simple terms.
- Written & oral communication skills: ability to write memos, letters, & reports in clear, concise fashion with appropriate vocabulary, grammar, & word usage; ability to communicate effectively with superiors, peers, subordinates, & others on a one-on-one basis, using appropriate vocabulary, grammar, & word usage; includes clarity, organization of thought, & expressiveness are all part of this dimension.
- Physical & Mental Abilities & Demands
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work & the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
- Balancing: maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount & kind of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion & maintenance of body equilibrium.
- Kneeling: Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward & forward by bending leg & spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) & arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree & requires the substantial use of the upper extremities & back muscles.
- Use of Fingers/Hands: Typing, or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detail or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, & to make fine discriminations in sound, such as when making fine adjustments on machine parts.
- Repetitive motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Vision: The incumbent is required to distinguish between true colors, perceive depth, & partial field of vision is required at a minimum for the position.
- The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes.
At Tanium, we empower the worlds largest organizations to manage & protect their mission-critical networks. Theres a reason why 6 of the top 10 retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, & 4 of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything & do anything across their computer networks with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing & win as a team. Join our team at tanium.com/careers/.