Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), headquartered in New York City, is the premier tech & content platform providing beautiful & relevant visual & audio content for storytellers around the world to engage & captivate their audiences. The entrepreneurial spirit is deeply ingrained in our culture, & we are a dynamic & growing company with the financial strength & ongoing profitability to fuel our growth ambitions. We are currently seeking a results-oriented Head of Pricing Strategy to join the Shutterstock team.
In this leadership role, you will build & develop global pricing & monetization frameworks that increase customer value & drive business revenue & margin growth across our entire portfolio of products & services for both our eCommerce & enterprise sales channels. The objective of the function is to improve lifetime profitability of our business through pricing improvements. This individual will lead all aspects of the pricing function including identifying growth opportunities through pricing & packaging, developing scalable pricing models & metrics, & leading a cross-functional team to successfully deploy pricing strategies through flawless execution & revenue accountability. This leader will work with members of the Executive Leadership Team to deliver incremental growth & profit through pricing activities, & will work closely with the implementation teams to ensure pricing rules & logic are being executed soundly.
The ideal candidate is a proactive leader with proven success in a cross-functional environment, a smart, strategic thinker who drives results, & someone who strives to keep things simple & get things done. S/he is well-experienced in building a strong pricing program using a mix of behavioral economics & sound analytical modelling, & is a seasoned pricing expert with a deep understanding of B2C & B2B pricing best practices. The candidate must have an appreciation for the impact that marketplace, competitive, & global dynamics have on these pricing strategies. This is a full-time position reporting to the VP/GM of Image & Motion, & is located in New York City.
- Build pricing strategies & explore incremental opportunities for growth via pricing across Shutterstocks existing & future offerings.
- Own pricing & packaging for the entire company - optimizing products to maximize LTV, inclusive of managing costs, competitive pressures, & currency fluctuations.
- Model opportunities to increase market penetration across segments, offerings & markets.
- Synthesize data & research to drive pricing & packaging decisions for new product launches & price changes.
- Analyze audience segments & propose opportunities to improve the customer experience & long term growth for the company.
- Define pricing KPIs & report on the effectiveness of all pricing initiatives throughout the company by measuring end-to-end impact of all changes.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration to validate assumptions, execute on new pricing strategies, & measure ongoing impact.
- Develop & structure the process around pricing requests across all stakeholders & manage the approval process.
- Collaborate with product & marketing teams to develop a framework that allows for rapid iteration on price points.
- Provide thought-leadership & best practices on pricing to the company.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a quantitative or analytical role with 5 years direct pricing responsibility including (but not limited to) finance, accounting, consulting, eCommerce, marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to drive multi-year double-digit revenue & profitability growth via the creation & operation of a comprehensive pricing strategy, framework, & measurement model in a mid-nine-figures or bigger business, including a robust competitive intelligence function.
- Expert at business modeling & analyzing data -- track, measure, & optimize individual & collective price tactics & understand the impact to business targets & goals.
- Possess a commanding knowledge of pricing elasticity, pricing variables & strategies for both B2B & B2C business models.
- Expert in leveraging data to defend your pricing strategy decisions & work across an enterprise to drive your strategies.
- Strong communication & collaboration skills with a proven track record of communicating strategies, building business cases & test plans, & selling these across a matrix organization.
- Operate successfully in a cross-functional environment -- partner & work directly with business, product, engineering, marketing, sales, & finance teams.
- Understands the Shutterstock brand, marketplace, & competition.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment & experience leading through change.
- Has strong interpersonal skills.
- Show clear, logic-based decision-making with a sense of urgency around meeting business objectives.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or related field.
- Comfortable working with large, complex, & disparate data sets.
Shutterstock (NYSE: SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider of high-quality licensed photographs, vectors, illustrations, videos and music to businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week & has millions of images & video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also owns Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom, a custom content creation platform, Offset, a high-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curated royalty-free music library; Shutterstock Editorial, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com & follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V