Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
The Finance team oversees the company's financial well-being while supporting operational & business planning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. We work hard to ensure growth is accurately projected & managed & that our financial results are properly accounted for. We provide financial analysis to determine key operational decisions within a rapidly growing organization. We only hire the best to these teams, & your work will have a huge impact on the future success of this rapidly growing company.
We want people who are passionate about creating products that you & your peers would love.
As an engineer on the Network Product team, you will write cloud security & monitoring software, design & develop APIs that are used by external & internal customers. Our team is passionate about quality, performance & reliability of delivered products.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Lead the design, implementation, test & optimization of new services & tools that run at scale & solve performance & monitoring problems.
- Work with other teams within the vertical & across the company to build the next generation of products & services for our developers community.
- Support existing products & contribute creative solutions to the pain points.
- Help improve our toolings & process to ship robust & mission-critical parts of the ecosystem.
- Establish best practices for development & architecture
- Use technologies & tools such as: Go, Consul, Kafka, SQL, Chef, Git, Jira, gRPC, Prometheus, Grafana, Lightstep, Docker, Kubernetes & what not?
What We'll Expect From You:
- Significant experience as a software architect & lead developer in building scalable, real-time & distributed systems
- Significant experience with Go, C, C++ or Java programming languages & unit tests
- Significant experience designing & developing high performance systems
- Domain knowledge of Networking stack
- Experience designing & developing full-stack applications with databases & API
- Experience with leading work across multiple teams to build API contracts
- Experience with cloud development, containerization & virtualization
- Experience with Continuous Integration & Delivery (CI/CD)
- Record of creating sweeping improvements in stability, performance & scalability across major business-critical systems
- Record of automating the steps necessary to deliver high-quality, well-tested, & production-ready software from initial development to ongoing, scalable, production operation.
- Bonus: You have used gRPC to build robust distributed & high-demand systems
- Bonus: Relevant experience with other languages such as Ruby, Python, Perl or Scala.
- Bonus: Experience with Firewall & Network Monitoring systems development
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people.We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development.We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you.We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future.We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work.We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge, & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity.We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!