Team Whistle comprising Whistle, Tiny Horse, New Form & Vertical Networks is a global media company thats changing the sports & entertainment game. We create & distribute engaging content experiences for todays audiences, always playing in the positive & resonating with whats relatable. Our premium scripted, unscripted & interactive shows, podcasts, music & merchandise are available on the social, audio & streaming platforms that matter most. For brands, sports leagues & media companies, we help them activate & engage consumers across the content ecosystem.
Team Whistle is looking for a Channel Manager who will be responsible for the programming & management of a YouTube channel, while managing a wide range of departments within the project to maintain growth & active engagement.
The role focuses on:
- General ownership & management of YouTube channel
- Oversee & manage optimization of content across all platforms:
- banners/aesthetic of channel
- Titling, cards & playlists
- Thumbnail direction & optimization
- Tags & hashtags
- URL links
- Updating Community tab, playlists
- Managing Content ID
- Monetization management (mid-rolls, etc.)
- Community Management - Ensuring that there is a constant engagement with the comments section. Promoting conversation & quality engagement. Using the comments as a means of getting qualitative feedback to the wider team.
- Production & Creative
- Coordination with the production & creative teams
- Developing new creative concepts
- Providing content performance feedback & insight in terms of changes that can be made to improve existing series.
- Providing creative notes/edits, recommending optimal length, platform specific tactics
- Attending shoots (when applicable) to advise on content
The role supports existing team with:
- Performance Tracking - Working with the analytics team to ensure that we are tracking the key performance metrics, sharing them with the client as well as the team, allowing for a continuous feedback loop that creates incremental areas of improvement in each element of the social channel.
- Talent Management - Manage talent selection for all series & talent promo
- Content Strategy - manage an overarching content strategy with goals & tactics
- Programming Schedule - laying out a forward looking content calendar
- Distribution Strategy - Develop & manage the execution of a social media strategy & ensuring voice/tone of posts is on brand
- Passion & knowledge of the gaming world
- Fluency in the YouTube Playbook & related skills:
- Best practices
- Platform regulations
- Visual guidelines
- AB testing
- A thorough knowledge of major social media platforms & the top performing influencers on those platforms.
- Good editorial judgement in terms of understanding what are the kinds of stories on social media which resonate with young audiences.
- Creative development chops where you can come up with original & fresh concepts.
- Organizational skills that allow you to work effectively across different platforms & being able to juggle both reacting to immediate trends on social as well as planning a structured output calendar.
- Leadership & communication skills where you are able to clearly communicate your strategy & needs across all key stakeholders & team members.
- Having an analytical mind set where you are comfortable looking at data as a means of developing your creative & channel strategies.
- Able to use all Google tools, ranging from Slides through to YouTube analytics.
- 2 years experience developing & implementing social media strategies on behalf of major brands or key influencers.