Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As a Creative Operations Manager, you'll be responsible for building operational excellence of our internal creative team through processes & partnerships that elevate team performance & allow for a culture of creativity & strategic work. Youll manage key processes for the team, including: project intake & prioritization; quality/risk management; resource management & status reporting; workflow/process improvement; creative reviews; & procurement & cost management of vendors.
The Creative Operations Manager is the backbone of every project. As a natural leader, you will work closely with the Copy, Design, Video & Build team members to ensure that they have everything necessary to do innovative & excellent work & raise the creative bar - on time, on budget & as efficiently as possible.
You are an enthusiastic collaborator who thrives on being engaged at all levels of delivery. Youll work with in-house General Assembly teams, such as marketing, product, engineering & senior leadership in order to build trusted relationships, understand business needs & manage expectations. Youll strive to find innovative & efficient ways for Stakeholders to work with Creative in order to meet the objectives & goals of each project on time while striving for creative excellence.
As a detail-oriented problem solver, you thrive in a busy environment, juggling multiple projects at once. You will ensure transparency, efficiency, & clear communications across cross-functional projects & have the ability to harness, organize, & document the brand resources & tools made by the Creative Team, & develop scalable processes to distribute them & ensure their proper usage. You will solicit & organize stakeholder & user input, streamlines project logistics, & work across disciplines to troubleshoot, optimize, & collaborate. You must be able to manage both large & small multi-faceted projects/campaigns or multiple projects at the same time, & passionate about continuous improvement of products, processes & teams.
What Youll Do
- Partner closely with the Creative Director, discipline leads, & stakeholders across the business to prioritize & meet needs.
- Plan, budget, document & track all aspects of ongoing projects
- Organize team-level ceremonies such as stand-ups, sprint planning, & retrospectives
- Track tasks & team bandwidth
- Track & communicate project status, risks, dependencies & urgent issues.
- Anticipate issues, monitor risks & actively remove barriers to progress.
- Bring better operational efficiency to the team, champion agile creative practices, & continually iterate on those processes as the team grows & evolves.
- Partner with the Creative Director to ensure schedules, resources, & communications across relevant GA teams are consistently in sync, & trade-offs & dependencies are clearly understood by business stakeholders.
- Be involved early in stakeholder work as projects & campaigns are defined.
- Cultivate a healthy team culture of curiosity, experimentation, collaboration & inclusiveness.
- Work closely with the Finance, Legal, & Creative teams to maintain freelancer onboarding including contracting & invoicing
- Develop scalable creative production processes including work intake & prioritization processes; creating templates for frequently used operational documentation; writing asset usage & other guidelines; enhance visibility of Creative team members & responsibilities by knowledge sharing across internal tools such as Confluence, JIRA, & Slack
Skills & Qualifications:
- A strong understanding of the creative process including creative development & production.
- The ability to stay well organized & manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal direction. You have a proven track record in getting stuff done.
- Outstanding organizational, prioritization, & time management skills.
- 3+ years hands-on project management experience, in a fast paced & exciting startup culture.
- LMS/blog/site design/video production experience
- Experience managing cross-departmental work in JIRA, Trello & similar project management tools.
- Model a philosophy of curiosity- & trust-based conflict resolution.
- Excellent problem solving skills. You have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment & meet very tight deadlines.
- A reputation for developing & maintaining highly collaborative cross-functional internal & external relationships.
- Ability to communicate with & give direction to designers, freelancers, agencies & other cross-functional partners.
- Excellent decision making capabilities
- Ability to provide focused interdepartmental leadership & have a strong understanding of the steps & processes involved in managing & completing a wide variety of production-related projects (print, site, video, integrated content, live events, LMS,)