The Logistics Claims Coordinator works with the Logistics team to ensure all transit claims are evaluated & processed in a timely manner. Reporting to the Carrier Manager, the Logistics Claims Coordinator will own each claim from evaluation to final resolution.
What you'll do
- Claims Processing & Completion:
- Understand 1stdibs carrier liability contract (particularly individual carrier liability limits), 1stdibs marine cargo policy, & packaging standard.
- Evaluate, process & submit carriers claims (white gloves/freight/parcel) to our transportation partner & 1stdibs insurance company.
- Work with internal team (Logistics, Buyer Protection & Client Services) from claim identification & submission to final resolution.
- Communicate all claims activity & payments to the Accounting Team
- Reporting & Escalation:
- Own each claim from identification & submission to final resolution
- Report & escalate anomaly in claim
- Analyze claim trend & pass the data along to Carrier Manager
- Monitor outstanding claims invoices & current payment status while providing updates to both 1stdbs Accounting & the Carriers/Packers
What you'll bring
- Bachelors Degree
- 1-2 years experience in logistics, operations, supply-chain or claim processing
- Thoroughness & attention to detail
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Salesforce & Looker experience preferred
- E-commerce experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal, analytical & communication skills, with the ability to build & maintain strong relationships internally & externally
1stdDbs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal, & Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.