Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Content Strategist to join our Marketing team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
We are building a new team within Oscar focused on the holistic customer experience (CX). As a team, we are reimagining the role of our brand & its influence on healing the broken health care system. We examine the entire customer experience & consider the design of systems to be as important as the campaigns we make. Our work is rooted in research, our practice is human-centered, & our vision is set on seeing care everywhere in the world.
Oscar is looking for a clever, hard working Content Strategist to lead day-to-day publishing operations. In this role, youll oversee the strategy, creation & amplification of branded content including articles, emotionally rich customer stories, & seasonal narratives. The right candidate is a writing & storytelling pro with editorial project management skills, capable of developing an audience & driving action aligned to business goals.
Oscar serves a wide variety of people, ranging from young families to small business owners to those about to retire. As such, youll contribute strategic content to a range of briefs & help in the creation of insights-driven long & short-form digital content that is informative, uniquely Oscar, & SEO friendly.
This role reports into our VP, Creative.
- Lead the content development process from brief to execution, collaborating with stakeholders across the Marketing & Creative teams.
- Maintain the editorial calendar & liaise with stakeholders to ensure holistic messaging alignment across the business & steady publishing cadence yearlong.
- Write engaging content in the Oscar tone of voice that demonstrates an understanding of our audience & what they need to when it comes to care.
- Shepard editorial through an approval process that includes multiple stakeholders, working hand-in-hand with Oscars internal Studio & leveraging an internal & external contributor network of writers & creators.
- Ability to collapse content to have saliency across social & owned brand channels, with fluency in publishing & online discovery tools aimed to drive consumption & share-ability.
- Leverage holistic understanding of Oscars market position & range of products.
- Shape the future state of Oscar as a leading content brand.
- You have 5+ years experience in content creation across multiple formats, including how-to content, video scripts, articles, web/digital marketing copy & long-form pieces like features, guides & white-papers.
- You have exceptional editorial skills. Can craft & evolve narratives in different content formats, guide contributors, & keep work streams flowing.
- You have experience in user-focused writing, including work in health care.
- You make decisions based on data & set quantitative goals.
- You can concept how one idea can translate across multiple channels & formats.
- You are well-versed in publishing content in a CMS.
- You welcome feedback, can easily revise content based on stakeholder feedback, are accustomed to speed, & motivated by a fast paced & high performing team.
- You possess a journalistic eye & process to evaluate what makes a story a story.
- You have digital agency experience or journalism experience.
- Please tell us about what sets you apart. Paint a picture of your curious, creative self. Share the work you are most proud of. Be it a tweetstorm, project, or the story of the business or brand that you helped grow.
Life at Oscar
Our more than 1,000 employees aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all. We apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.