Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, & operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, & humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company & data company all rolled into one.
Customers & users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, & solve our worlds toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, & software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture & community & we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first & prepares our company for growth. Join Planet & be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Strategic SDR for Europe to support our seasoned Global Strategic Account Managers on our highest value accounts. This key role will contribute to the development & pipeline growth between Planet & our global accounts by conducting thoughtful & creative outreach to a range of key stakeholders from C-suite executives to technical experts, generating new & expansion revenue. As a foundational member of a high growth business unit, you will have the opportunity to contribute to strategy, account planning, & relationship development for a global sales organization. This role is located in our Berlin office or remote in the UK.
Impact Youll Own:
- Assist & manage high-level discovery conversations during the introductory phase of the sales motion, uncovering each stakeholder's set of business needs, use cases, technical requirements, & purchasing process
- Utilize business & industry knowledge to research accounts (i.e. ZoomInfo, 10K, industry publications), identify key stakeholders, generate interest, create/identify compelling events, & develop accounts
- Collaborate with your strategic account manager on SWOT analysis & account planning
- Develop sequence strategies for multiple stakeholders to engage across various channels, including phone, email & social media
- Collaborate with Planets marketing & customer success teams to drive a world-class experience through thoughtful, effective communication
What You Bring:
- 2+ years of experience prospecting a complex technical product or service to F100, global and/or government accounts. Knowledge of MEDDPICC a plus
- Demonstrated ability to learn complex topics & translate them into effective messaging & business outcomes for targeted campaigns
- Personable with natural rapport building abilities & demonstrated discretion to work with confidential information
- Great enthusiasm for speaking to new prospects about Planets value proposition
- A desire to succeed in the role, grow your career at Planet, & support the global strategic account team
- Knowledge of Salesforce, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, ZoomInfo, Groove & email automation tools
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Domain expertise in GEOINT, satellite imaging, or remote imaging. Previous vertical experience in: agriculture, CPG or Energy a plus
- Experience prospecting or selling into F500 or global strategic accounts
- Understanding of MEDDPICC & Command of the Message methodologies, leading discovery calls & identifying pain in a methodical way
- Previous experience in contributing to ABM campaigns
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Additional company winter holidays & regular global days off
- Remote friendly work environment & flexible working hours
- Contribution to our growth by offering equity options for employees
- Giving back to the community - one day per quarter for charitable work
- Learning & Tuition Reimbursement
- Regular hack-weeks & meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Home office budget
- Employee Resource Groups providing empowering spaces for connection & mentorship
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
Were dedicated to helping the whole Planet, & to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices & on all of our teams. Thats why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity & inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but youre thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We dont just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill peoples careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope youre excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs & we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, & committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth & breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, & local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community & we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential & we will be happy to assist you.