What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Were a team of builders & strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity & offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, & every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, & we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for an Institutional Transaction Monitoring Associate to join our growing team!
We are seeking Institutional Transaction Monitoring Associate to join the BlockFi Compliance team. In this role, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to designing & conducting compliance monitoring reviews, assisting in completing regulatory filings & exams, & filing periodic reports according to licensing obligations. You will be expected to remain up to speed with an evolving regulatory environment, & to quickly gain an understanding of the growing product suite. You will liaise with the Finance, Security, Risk & Legal teams, among others.
- Conduct investigations of fiat & virtual currency Transaction Monitoring Alerts to determine whether such activity warrants further investigation & draft SARs when necessary
- Assist in drafting policy & procedure related to transaction monitoring investigations
- Test & tune transaction monitoring alerts for institutional clients
- Review customer name & transaction screening alerts for connections to sanctions, PEPs or adverse media
- Prepare answers & materials to subpoenas & 314(a)/(b) requests
- Conduct client outreach to gather additional information regarding their activities
- Balance numerous projects, queues & priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Participate in ad-hoc remediation or business specific projects which may include regulatory examinations and/or external audits
- 5 years of relevant work experience within the financial services, law enforcement, digital asset and/or management consulting space focusing on financial crime and/or Compliance.
- Certifications, e.g., CAMS, CFE a plus
- Understanding & knowledge of regulatory expectations & industry standards in relation to AML/BSA/Sanctions regulations
- Familiarity with blockchain tracing/analytics tools
- Superb attention to detail & organizational skills
- Highly efficient & motivated multitasker
- Excellent time management skills
- Comfortable working with Google Product Suite
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience & expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health & well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, & Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team & we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial & driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), & the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, & our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, & as we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments & Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand