Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a LATAM Accounting Manager who will be responsible for managing all day-to-day, monthly & quarterly international accounting activities of Twilios LATAM entities. This person will be in charge of all accounting operations including but not limited to ensuring that trial balances of these locations are accurately recorded in the ERP & local audits are performed timely. .
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrated track record of leading an accounting function. They also have:
- 8+ years related experience in progressive international accounting roles.
- Ability to think critically & recognize discrepancies & anomalies through analysis.
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement & drive efficiency.
- Ability to prioritize & work proactively & independently in a fast-paced & dynamic environment.
- Must speak Portugeese & English fluently, Spanish is a plus.
- Team player with strong communication, customer service, organizational & interpersonal skills.
- Experience with NetSuite a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA/Chartered Accountants preferred).
As a Corporate Development Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Provide oversight & perform analytical review of the LATAM accounting operations.
- DRAW THE OWL: Work closely with the tax & legal department in setting up new subsidiaries. Project entity cash flow for funding.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Review monthly reconciliations for all accounts for all subs including payroll.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work closely with corporate accounting, consolidation, in addressing day-to-day business activities & ensure that monthly results are reported in a timely manner. Also, Collaborate with Company's external auditors for statutory & tax reporting matters
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure that LATAM subsidiaries are in compliance with statutory reporting & tax filing in its respective jurisdiction
The accounting team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership & outsourced providers to ensure compliance in that region..
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Sao Paulo office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.