JW Player is a technology platform which boasts the worlds most widely-adopted web video player, generating billions of video streams a month. Most JW Player customers manage our products inside our dashboards. Were looking for a senior product designer that can help us take our flagship product to new levels. Someone that enjoys the challenge of designing for the micro-interactions that drive the overall customer experience of our dashboard & understands the value in the details. If you love design & are curious about technology, this is an opportunity to work on a multi-disciplinary design team made of designers & front-end engineers who collaborate closely to achieve pixel-perfect execution for our products.
As a Senior Product Designer you will:
- Work closely with the Director of Design & UX Engineering on the vision & design strategy of our products
- Evolve & scale our in-house design system & front-end component library
- Partner with members of product & engineering orgs to create design solutions for a complex suite of products
- Prototype animations & elegant interaction design
- Collaborate with front-end engineers to ensure correct implementation
- Partner with product managers to refine requirements & iterate on features
- Distill data & research into UX decisions that enhance our customers workflows
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience as a contributor on a product design team
- Strong collaborator who seeks out opportunities to work through solutions with peers
- Guided by a deep understanding of design fundamentals, both in theory & practice
- An advocate for the customer & overall user experience
- Detail-oriented when creating, reviewing & refining your work
- Someone who values design critiques & consistent feedback from teammates
- Curious by nature & passionate about your craft
- Eager to learn about new technologies & have a penchant for tinkering with new design frameworks
- Strong, informed & fortified design instincts
- Advanced proficiency in foundational design principles
- Expertise using Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, & Invision / Figma
- Experience working with design systems & UI component libraries
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your design capabilities & aesthetic
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- A self-starting attitude & experience working autonomously
- Hybrid interest/curiosity in both design & engineering skill sets
- Experience working with Adobe After Effects for motion graphics
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago & continues to innovate as the worlds largest network-independent platform for video delivery & intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, & Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types & sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver & monetize their content across all devices. JW Players massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights & generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London & Eindhoven, & was named to Deloittes Technology Fast 500 in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
About Our Benefits
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you & ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Medical, Vision & Dental Coverage through Empire BlueCross
- Open PTO Policy - Self care is IMPORTANT!
- Development Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi - Annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) & Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.