Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear & style, food, music, sneakers & sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, & content where it creates & distributes original programming for Gen Z & Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku & more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content & advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, & agency consulting services.
Complex Networks is hiring a Video Producer to join the Brand Partnerships Studio (Ad Sales Marketing) team. This individual will be responsible for supporting the Executive Producer with coordinating branded content video & photo shoots, & managing budgets, timelines & vendor relationships.
- Lead Production team on large & small scale campaigns that include video & photo shoots
- Develop overall campaign delivery schedule based on milestones/campaign key dates
- Develop scopes of work tasks, deliverables & effort estimates Serve as primary contact between cross team collaboration, understand & communicate key deliverables, technical specifications, production & reporting requirements for all campaign components
- Procure vendors for productions
- Scout & secure locations for productions
- Book travel for crew, clients,and talent
- Maintain campaign budgets & credit card reconciliation
- Track & record all actual spends vs. projected spends
- Work with finance team & Line Producer on invoice coding
- Act as on-site liaison between talent & production crew for appearances, video & photo-shoots
- Familiarity with major markets: LA/NYC/MIA/CHI/SF
- Travel as needed for department projects
- 3+ years of experience in a related field
- Must have produced shoots (photo/video)
- Prior experience both projecting & managing budgets is key
- Experience with directly with brands & clients in addition to agencies
- Prior experience working on commercial & branded content.
- Positive attitude
- Highly Organized & detail oriented
- Comfort working directly with a client - running client facing meetings & working together directly on set
- Focus & tenacity to get tasks completed no matter the cost
- Ability to leverage personal/professional contacts to complete projects
- Resourceful nature & self-sufficiency can take the initiative to meet team goals
- Fast moving & communicative while working on various projects
- Ability to work while mobile & stay on top of projects while on the road
- Familiarity with presentation programs - Keynote, GoogleDocs, etc
BuzzFeed is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news & entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, & original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News & HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.