Company Description|Job Description
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP's across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities & personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
The role of The DATA team is to help Behaviour Digital teams (production, marketing, supports, ) feed & build their decision-making process through consumer & market expertise & research protocols using extensive data bases (with in-game & out-game data).
In order to ensure reliability & relevance of their studies, the DATAteam relies on several types of expertise: data science, statistics, machine learning, ethnographic studies, market analyses, workshop animation, forecasts, simulations,etc.
As part of the DATA team, the USER RESEARCH SPECIALIST will provide in-depth insights into consumers & the market to accompany Behaviour Digital's strategy on its markets for both existing & future products.
Help the production & marketing teams of Behaviour Digital take informed decisions & support the development of brands & products on the global market.
- Design, manage & analyse surveys.
- Conduct focus groups & analyze verbatim.
- Create reports on surveyand playtest results.
- Identify cross-Behaviour Digital consumers' behavioural patterns.
- Identify market strategy, business, marketing & game design best practices & patterns.
- Whenever relevant, capitalize on the internal research resources to propose innovative, timing- & cost-efficient solutions for the studio
- Collaborate with game development, marketing, business, & data teams to convey these learnings & accompany brand/game/services projects in their market strategy
- Contribute to user knowledge diffusion within the studio, feed & inspire the studio teams' thinking with market & user studies
- Track gaming & entertainment trends
- Identify local & global market research partners
- Identify new business opportunities/weakness signals
- Solid experience in the Video Games/Entertainment/Media sector
- Experience with qualitative data (surveys, focus groups, online forums)
- Experience with market research
- Master's in social science, communication, psychology, UX design, marketing or equivalent.
- Combination of expertise: market research & consumer studies
- Strong ability & willingness to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong ability to work independently
- Has a proven track of insight-driven work
- Excellent written & oral communication skills in English & French
- Knowledge of the client side of the consumer market insights & analysis process
- Knowledge of various data analysis methods & hypotheses testing methods
- Basic knowledge of statistical methodology
- Extensive knowledge of transferring the insights into actionable points
- Interest in video games & its industry is a prerequisite
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.