About The Role & Team
Amplitudes mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, & our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, & the value we bring to customers.
The Customer Success team is responsible for driving adoption & long-term value realization for Amplitudes customers through structured programs as well as ad-hoc engagement to provide product expertise & best practices. The team partners cross-functionally with every part of the company (Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, etc.) to advocate for our customers & ensure a high-quality experience through their lifecycle as an Amplitude customer.
As the Head of Enterprise Customer Success, you will play a vital role in evolving what Customer Success means at Amplitude by owning the success of our largest & fastest-growing customer segment. This Director-level role is a senior leadership role & will report directly to the VP, Global Head of Customer Success. You will have the opportunity to work with both innovative digital-first brands & more traditional companies looking to embrace a data-driven future & have a significant impact on Amplitudes Customer Success strategy.
To learn more about our team, check out our blog post on Customer Success at Amplitude!
As Head of Enterprise Customer Success, you will:
- Lead our North America Enterprise business, regional managers, & CSM organization
- Lead a team focused on driving adoption & retention through Customer Success programs; partner closely with your Sales counterpart to drive revenue growth
- Help define & build the next level of sophistication in how we deliver Executive Business Reviews, Success Plans, & other key customer touchpoints
- Anticipate ROI & health risks in the Enterprise portfolio & implement mechanisms to mitigate & resolve such risks at scale
- Build a high-performing & diverse team that lives up to Amplitudes values
- Ensure tight integration with Professional Services to leverage fee-based offerings to deepen adoption & fuel growth
- Work closely with Finance & Ops teams on Enterprise segmentation strategy, capacity planning, & territory management
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Prior experience operating in a mature Customer Success org at a B2B SaaS company that scaled to$100M or more in ARR
- 10 years experience directly leading CS front-line managers & a track record of achieving results by inspiring the team & creating high-levels of accountability
- Prior strategic consulting experience working with large enterprise customers on technology-led transformation initiatives
- Track record of success in epigrammatizing Customer Success delivery through a well-defined & repeatable engagement methodology
- Experience driving high-levels of operational rigor within the team to deliver results at scale
- A deep understanding of the customer journey & how to define & measure success in B2B SaaS
- The ability to navigate complex Enterprise organizations to accelerate product adoption, influence collaboration, & evangelize opportunities for growth.
- A customer-focused mindset & passion for customers success with the ability to balance the needs of the customer with those of the business.
- The desire to become a Data Monster; someone who persistently looks at data to uncover business insights & drive decision-making
- Domain expertise in analytics, experimentation, data management technologies is a plus
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another & the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, & humility are core to the way we work: were tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, & we operate from a place of empathy & openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, & a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, & grow their business. Were super proud of what weve built & continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator & other top tier investors.
- Over twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Microsoft, Ford, NBC Universal, Hubspot, & PayPal.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris & Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, & graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitudes D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, & drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, & human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.