What is Slice?
Slice is the leading technology & marketing platform made exclusively for local pizzerias, making it super easy to order delicious, authentic local pizza anywhere, anytime. We serve the $45 billion U.S. pizzeria market in two ways: by providing a pizza-centric mobile & web ordering experience for consumers, & by empowering local restaurants with the technology, tools, & marketing to grow their business, while helping them compete with Big Pizza. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
As the Manager of Product Analytics sitting inside Slices Data Science organization, you will lead the partnership with Product team & the Analytics effort to optimize & accelerate product development for our restaurants & consumers. You are an effective collaborator & will work with product leadership to set up the analytics strategy. You are an experienced analytics leader who will bring operational excellence & analytical rigor to the team. You will manage a growing team of data scientists & analysts & guide the team to clearly communicate & present insights that unlock the power of data to inform business decisions.
What you will be doing
- Develop, mentor & grow a team of data scientists & analysts
- Drive & oversee experiments & analyses to inform key strategic & operational decisions
- Build tools, dashboard, reports to simplify day to day work of the product teams
- Identify & clearly communicate actionable insights for stakeholders & executives
- Create analytics infrastructure & standards, abstract complex problems into tangible milestones & guide the team to build on success
- Inspire operational excellence & analytical rigor
- BS in Mathematics, Statistics, Operation Research or equivalent quantitative fields, masters preferred
- 5+ years of product analytics or related experience, including people management
- Deep understanding of the industry data landscape, including trending technology & best practices
- Exceptional communication & organizational skills
- Proficiency in SQL & programing languages like Python/R/Spark etc, & the ability to self-serve, investigate & get the data we require
- Self-starter & willingness to hustle in a fast-paced workplace
- Ability to work with remote teams & across time zones to develop strategies & foster a cohesive & creative work environment
History of Slice:
Slice was born in 2010 & has quietly bootstrapped its way to building a network of more than 11,000 pizzerias nationwide. Ilir Sela, our founder & CEO, started the company as a passion project to help his friends & family in the pizza business, but he quickly saw a massive opportunity to champion these small businesses by bringing their craft to the masses. Ilir has since built an amazing team of operators, marketers, technologists, & investors all dedicated to making it easier for people to enjoy their favorite local pizza while helping local shops succeed.
Our Pizza Philosophy
Slice is on a journey to be the most valuable pizza brand on the planet. We connect makers & eaters to enrich their lives through the power of specialization & pizza expertise. Backed by generations of knowledge & cutting-edge technology, we give makers the platform & voice to take charge of their industry, expand their coverage, & fill the world with authentic cuisine.When passionate makers turn their craft into their livelihood, we all live happier, fuller lives. People stop accepting the homogenous, mass-produced pies of big chains & robotic trucks because the quality, variety, & authenticity of Slice is both hyper-convenient & known worldwide.We believe pizza isnt just food. Its a slice of community, a slice of culture, a slice of life.
Were growing our family every day so, if youve got a passion for local, authentic pizza & the drive to help share it with the world, wed love to have you on the team! Check out a few awards weve recently won for our workplace & culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.