ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton Mechanical Engineer - Sustaining role will lead the continuing engineering support for in-production products & transitional support for new product development.. This individual will work collaboratively within a highly cross functional team to concept, design, & manufacture the future of fitness. As the team is highly dynamic with an exciting product roadmap, this individual will play a key role in ensuring mechanical design robustness, manufacturability, time to market, & cost goals are all met. Additionally, there will be opportunities for interaction at all levels of the company.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Own design & development of in-production products & in-field retrofits through a Phase Gate style Product Development Process
- Create engineering requirements & documents to meet product requirements
- Write & execute test plans at the design & production phases
- Troubleshoot & solve performance problems during development & in production
- Clearly document & communicate your work to technical leads & managers
- Use data to drive engineering decision making
- Create & manage engineering changes for updates & improvements to existing products
- Collaborate with a global network of suppliers throughout development phases to ensure quality & performance
- Collaborate with adjacent development teams to ensure design success, including industrial design, product management, & operations
- Work with drafting team to ensure appropriate product definition & design controls
- Oversight of manufacturing, quality, & field reliability issues & support of those teams
- Root cause analysis & countermeasure resolution establishment for manufacturing, quality, & field reliability issues
- Creation & presentation of business case summaries for new or modified designs
- Creation of detailed RFQ documents & supporting CAD data packages (2D/3D) for sourcing of suppliers for new or modified parts & assemblies
- Technical project management of supplier/development partner(s)
- Lead 3D CAD data creation, release of BOMs, 2D drawing & specification document creation, including performance requirements & GD&T, initiation & interpretation of FEA/CAE simulations results & integration into product designs, determining prototype needs, establishment of DVP&R test plans, oversight of testing results & adjustment of designs to address testing issues
- Lead cross-functional team communications with manufacturing & quality team members
- Create or modify designs with a focus for ease in manufacturability.
THESE MAY DESCRIBE YOU:
- 5+ years mechanical design experience or relevant experience
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in leading engineering teams through New Product Development
- Experience doing development & production planning work with Contract Manufacturers
- Proficient in 3D Solid Modeling & creating 2D drawings. Solidworks preferred.
- Experience with core manufacturing methods including sheet metal, injection molding, machining & casting
- Experience with test & measurement tools
- Experience with tolerance analysis
- Great attention to engineering detail
- Ability to articulate & defend engineering decisions as well as being able to present to executive level leadership
- High motivation to teach, learn, & contribute to both product & process development
- Spoken & written English
- Ability to multitask & manage your time wisely
- Positive attitude & high energy!
- Experience in quality management & quality systems
- Process engineering experience
- Specific expertise in fitness equipment or consumer electronics
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- You will report directly to the Director of Mechanical Engineering (or Sr. Manager)
- You will work cross functionally with many teams including Program Management, Product Management, Operations, Quality, Electrical Engineering, Firmware Engineering, & Industrial Design.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, & streaming technology, we create digital fitness & wellness content & products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Together We Go Far means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce & inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice & inequity in our world, & to promote health & wellbeing for all, from the inside out.