The Squarespace Finance team is looking for an experienced Internal Controls, Analyst to join our growing team! You will partner with Accounting, Engineering, Legal, HR & Analyst Leadership to implement an internal controls strategy for Squarespaces high-growth business.
The Internal Controls Analyst will be a member of the finance team with a background & experience assessing & improving control environments. You should be comfortable in driving outcomes & managing processes with teams & solving complex issues.
You will report into the Head of Internal Controls in New York.
- Help execute an internal control environment over financial reporting
- Ensure risk assessment & control frameworks are in place, & running
- Create internal control narratives, flowcharts & risk matrices
- Support the Internal Controls Management team in identifying business & technology risks & mitigation strategies
- Track remediation to completion & provide recommendations for control improvements
- Perform control testing to address audit assertions
- 4+ years of experience in internal controls, internal and/or external audit
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- CIA, CISA and/or CPA preferred
- Working knowledge of the COSO 2013 & COBIT frameworks
- Experience executing controls & audit strategies to achieve results
- Strong organizational, prioritization & process improvement skills
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.