CoinList is where early adopters invest in & trade the best digital assets, & is now one of the fastest growing crypto financial platforms. We support the full lifecycle of crypto investment, from token sales through token distribution, trading, lending, & crypto-specific services such as staking & access to decentralized-finance opportunities. CoinList users trade & store Bitcoin, Ether, Filecoin, & many other popular crypto assets through our full-service exchange, CoinList Pro, mobile apps & CoinList.co, while also getting access to the best new tokens before they list on other exchanges. We are the blue chip platform for blockchain companies, helping Filecoin, Blockstack, Solana, Celo, Algorand, Dapper, & others raise over $800 million. Our customer base includes validators, miners, founders, CEOs, crypto funds, bitcoin OGs, as well as a broad array of crypto enthusiasts. We are backed by top-tier investors, have offices in SF & NY, & are just getting started.
As a CoinList expands the scope of services offered to our clients, the complexity of our business & accounting continues to grow. As a Controller at CoinList youll work cross-functionally across our business teams & with our bookkeepers & auditors to scale our financial accounting processes, develop robust internal controls, & manage the day to day financial activity of CoinList. Youll be at the frontline working with our talented team & to ensure timely settlement of transactions & reporting. Were growing incredibly quickly & are looking for someone who can step up & help build out our financial operations & management.
Our work is difficult & ambitious, which is what makes it fun.
- Define financial operations. Youll help define processes, systems, & metrics for financial operations with your exceptional accounting, communication, & analytical skills.
- Develop internal control systems. Youll work directly with team leaders & project managers to develop financial controls, metrics, & systems. Youll identify & evaluate business & technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, & related opportunities for internal control improvement & implementation.
- Manage the daily financial operations. Youll manage daily banking operations such as bank transfers, wire transfers & ACH processing. Youll monitor cryptocurrency & fiat balances on execution venues & ensure timely & accurate reporting. Youll work with our execution teams to track financial obligations & payments.
- Maintain data & financial integrity. Millions of dollars move through CoinList everyday, it will be your job to ensure all funds & transactions are accounted for. Youll perform reconciliations of internal accounting systems & external venue balances. Youll work directly with our COO & CEO, as well as, bookkeepers & auditors to ensure accurate & actionable financial reporting.
- Scale our business. Crypto is complicated & always changing. No matter what the situation or problem, youll need to ensure our financial reporting obligations are met. Youll use critical thinking skills to quickly identify control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, & draw the appropriate conclusions including remediation actions.
- Advance our processes. CoinList operates several regulated business entities, youll work closely with team leaders to ensure accurate financials & support for regulatory reporting requirements. Youll identify opportunities for improvement & guide the team on ideas for development.
- Be a leader. As an early part of our core team, you will take it upon yourself to identify opportunities for CoinList, get buy-in internally, & execute. CoinList is an incredibly entrepreneurial environment & we want people who will take advantage of this.
Who you are:
- You have integrity. CoinList is a trusted partner for both the industry & our customers. We process & manage large amounts of money on a daily basis & we prioritize keeping our clients interests at all times. Mistakes may happen but when they do you always take responsibility & work to find a solution. Integrity is core to our values & core to our success.
- You are an expert in accounting & finance. You have a CPA & you know your way around a financial statement - front, back & center, & language. You fully understand the mechanisms of different types of financial transactions & can translate those to execution & reporting. Holding a Series 27 FINRA license is a big plus.
- Youre analytical & technically proficient. Youre fascinated by data & enjoy structuring complex & ambiguous problems. Youre a whiz at Excel & ERP tools & (ideally) have experience using SQL & business intelligence software.
- Youre excited about cryptocurrency & understand the basics. CoinLists mission is to help the best crypto companies succeed by serving as a trusted advisor in the space. Were incredibly excited by the power of distributed ledger technology, & you should be too.
- Youre a proven operator. You have 5+ years of finance or financial operations experience in a financial technology company, consulting firm, investment bank, or other high-performing company.
- You get stuff done. Youll have (sometimes ambiguous) responsibilities. You are entrepreneurial & know how to solve problems on your own, but you also know when to ask for support. You are a proven executor. You make deadlines for yourself & you move fast. You focus on the things that matter & push back on things that dont. People know they can count on you to get things done.
- You have immaculate attention to detail. Cryptocurrency moves fast & youll have to move fast as well, but we always ensure the accuracy of your work. Youll check then re-check all transactions & reports.
- You deal well with pressure. CoinLists customers are looking to execute transactions quickly. There is a lot of money at stake at all times. You thrive under high pressure situations like this & enjoy keeping others calm, on task & on track.