Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, our mission is to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch, at home. With offices all over the world, we deliver delicious meals to millions of customers, worldwide.
HelloFresh is one of the top three largest companies to come out of Europe over the past four years! Our growth trajectory & expansion has been phenomenal only three & half years after inception, we are active in nine markets, & on three continents.
We are recognized industry leadersreceiving over $300M in investor funding, as well as numerous awards for our outstanding products & service.
Associate Receiving Manager Job Description
The Associate Receiving Manager is responsible for the safe, timely & cost-effective execution of all receiving processes including receiving, storing, maintaining, arranging & presenting material throughout the receiving dock & warehouse. In addition, the associate receiving manager will directly manage a team of warehouse supervisors & be responsible for the overall performance of the department.
- Directly manage an inventory supervisor along with team leads & hourly staff including: interviewing, hiring, & training employees; planning, assigning, & directing work; appraising performance; rewarding & disciplining employees; addressing complaints & resolving problems.
- Execute receiving objectives on time, while meeting quality, safety & cost objectives, & servicing internal customers
- Ensure zero lost time incidents & overall safety conformance in the warehouse
- Apply standard receiving principles to optimize receiving, inbound quality inspection & truck turns
- Manage continuous improvement projects to increase warehouse efficiency
- Manage receiving schedule & schedule labor to optimize dock performance
- Ensure receiving KPIs are met including accurate receipt of product, efficient truck turns, & WMS accuracy
- Manage return to vendor & donation process
- Liaise with procurement on vendor management & receiving standards
- Integrate quality & warehouse principles defined by regulatory bodies including OSHA, USDA, FDA, GMPs, APICS, etc.
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse by planning & implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair & requisitions for replacement
- Perform Gemba walks to verify conformance of warehouse/receiving standard practices
- Ability to lead employees through daily warehouse challenges
- Ability to communicate effectively both written & verbal
- Ability to effectively present information & respond to questions from groups of managers, associates, & vendors
- Ability to solve practical problems & deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits
- Ability to sit, stand; walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl for extended periods of time
- Ability to occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in a cooled storage facility, ranging between zero degrees Fahrenheit & ambient temperature
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights & weekends
- Bachelors degree from a 4-year college or university or 6+ years related warehouse experience. Degree in supply chain management, industrial engineering, business or other applicable field of study preferred.
- 1-3 years of warehouse management experience.
- Must be proficient with computer hardware & software. Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint required. Experience with Google Sheets & Suite preferred.
- WMS experience preferred.
- Food & Beverage experience preferred.
Our team is diverse, high-performing & international, helping us to create a truly inspiring work environment in which you will thrive! Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.